• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:good:

:pray:

:wank:

:nufc:

Good post!

Obviously we still need to beat QPR! As everyone has rightly said, our fate depends on it. But I think the relegation decider was always supposed to be Wigan vs Villa, and I'll be watching that match on final day if the scenario I've drawn above occurs (and our game is rendered meaningless). Should be a corker!

Edited by Rayvin

Goals scored in my opinion - in which case they, typically, have one more than us. However, it's unlikely to come down to that.

Was just checking out various permutations and combinations. There is a decent chance that it could actually come down to that.

I suppose so... I still personally believe that they won't beat Arsenal and that this will all be decided next weekend. All we ever had to do was beat QPR. We still need to do this.

I'm hoping us & Wigan win this weekend (wigan on tuesday that is) and Villa and the mackems get beat.

Should make for an enjoyable last day of the season regardless of our result.

am liking the cut of your jib :)

Southampton thought they were on holiday and got beat 3 nowt at home by WBA...think thats changed their attitude somewhat.

Villa aren't beating Chelsea with a champions league place up for grabs.

Now watch us fuck up v QPR :lol:

Is it possible we could end up with the same points at Wigan, the same goal diference and the same goals for and against.What would happen if one of us had to get relegated.

A playoff.

What do people reckon the best outcome of Chelsea V Spurs is tonight?

A Tottenham win sounds like the obvious choice to me, as not only does it mean Arsenal really have to go out and batter Wigan, but also that Chelsea can't take their foot of the gas against Villa at the weekend, which hopefully means Villa are still in the relegation battle come the last day of the season when they play Wigan.

Edited by scotty84

I'm not thinking about too many scenarios any more - Swansea reserves have done us a favour - we were in the bottom 3 twice last night with 2 games to go. We need points on the board this Sunday - I don't give a fuck who goes down after that. I really don't, Mackems, Villa, Wigan - I'll just be glad it isn't us.

But we still have work to do - it's not that unlikely that ourselves and Wigan both lose this next round of ties & it comes down to the last day.

Swansea have given us a chance now to get survival this weekend - players must ensure they beat QPR at the weekend and not focus/hope on other results going our way - if we lose against QPR at the weekend that would be horrendous.

My thoughts are the same regarding who fills that final space, but I feel if Wigan go down it hopefully means that it doesn't go down to the last game of the season as we rarely take many points of Arsenal. For the likes of Norwich etc to go down then its a last game of the season drop.

Like you say, I'm more concerned we do our end of the deal against QPR and its all sorted before next weekend rolls around.

Speaking of the QPR game, if anyone has a spare ticket I would more than happily help them out, I'm living 5mins walk from Loftus Road at the moment and being trying to get a ticket in the away end with little success up to now.

It'll be horrific if we can still go down on the last day. I wouldn't like to be out of the town if we do. Might just retreat into Tilleys like after the mackem match. (Where I could see a riot but feel not of the effects)

I think the club have released more tickets mind :up:

Swansea have given us a chance now to get survival this weekend - players must ensure they beat QPR at the weekend and not focus/hope on other results going our way - if we lose against QPR at the weekend that would be horrendous.

This. I would fucking dread going into the last game knowing that we need to better (or even match) Wigans result to stay up. We must get something on Sunday and I think if we do it will be enough to keep us up. Although of course a win will pretty much allow us to put our feet up for the rest of the season which would be very nice given how hard the last few weeks have been to deal with!