The Battle for the Top Half

Happy Face

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also if Villa lose and we win we can't go down! :up:

This being the ideal scenario for us on Sunday. Being that we're Newcastle United though, the chances of this happening have to be about as good as Toys R Us getting the cast of Corrie to open their next store!

I hope some of the squeaky bums have calmed down now.

The way some people paint it on here you'd think we were already in the relegation zone.

But no doubt this will go down as a massive failure by the manager / players and not in fact, the board and the direction of the club.

I once again look forward to being the only fan (in my circle) whos pissed off that we've sacked yet another manager to start from scratch.

Manager of the year last year to lets sack him and get in a defensive french geezer in the space of 10 months.

Edited by scoobos

Whisper it quietly, but I'm not concerned that Sissoko is out.

Tiote and Cabaye, as a pair, know each other's roles well. Throwing Sissoko in there too adds further uncertainty when we need solidity and familiarity.

Whisper it quietly, but I'm not concerned that Sissoko is out.

Tiote and Cabaye, as a pair, know each other's roles well. Throwing Sissoko in there too adds further uncertainty when we need solidity and familiarity.

Was going to write that, but expected folk to hunt me down! We looked so much more solid with the 442-esque set-up against West Ham

Rather have Sissoko available than Tiote tbh. Tiote has been shite for a while.

right now I think this is our strongest midfield/attack if we are going to play positive football. too bad we are missing two of the positives in that line-up,

Sissoko Cabaye

HBA Marveaux Gouffran

Cisse

Edited by Aeris

right now I think this is our strongest midfield/attack if we are going to play positive football. too bad we are missing two of the positives in that line-up,

Sissoko Cabaye

HBA Marveaux Gouffran

Cisse

Do you want us to go down?

Sissoko Cabaye

HBA Marveaux Gouffran

Cisse

That's very lightweight imo. I'd like to see this at the weekend assuming Sissoko out:-

Tiote

Cabaye Jonas

HBA Gouffran

Cisse

what do you mean? I meant in general. Who do you miss? Tiote and Jonas?

Marveaux, Gouffran and Ben Arfa in the same team, all behind Cisse, is too forward thinking. It would invite wave after wave of attack that we'd be powerless to defend against.

Marveaux, Gouffran and Ben Arfa in the same team, all behind Cisse, is too forward thinking. It would invite wave after wave of attack that we'd be powerless to defend against.

I kind of agree but not in terms of the system. If they were better players I don't think that having three advanced midfielders and two deeper ones is overly attacking against a lot of teams. However it only works if you keep the ball on the deck and play, Marveaux and Gouffran aren't good enough to warrant that.

I dont believe sissoko is even injured tbh. Seems fishy with the media reports and then the guy is dropped entirely from the whole squad and bench.

We don't "need" to beat anyone either - that's on wigan.

Edited by scoobos

Lol, you say "you want us to go down" but we have infact been playing the "defensive midfielder is the shit, the more of them the better"-style all season, and we are fucking almost going down. Creating shitloads of chances and playing positive football is the shit man, but we are not used to it so it might take a while to adapt. Sissoko and Cabaye can play fucking defensive if they want to, and Sissoko is a heavyweight monster. Don't know why you would need that guy in front of defense all the time, few teams play with that.

Edited by Aeris

Why would they be having wave after wave of attack and not us?

Lol, you say "you want us to go down" but we have infact been playing the "defensive midfielder is the shit, the more of them the better"-style all season, and we are fucking almost going down. Creating shitloads of chances and playing positive football is the shit man, but we are not used to it so it might take a while to adapt. Sissoko and Cabaye can play fucking defensive if they want to, and Sissoko is a heavyweight monster.

Spot on.

If it was that easy do you think we'd be in this position?

My view is that Marveux has had plenty of opportunity and for some reason people want to dream hes a great player. Reminds me of viana in that respect - all the skills are there but the heart and attitude just isnt.

Play Marveaux and accept that he'll dissapear for large periods as he doesnt do defence.

For what its worth, given everyone available (and colo gone) I wouldn't put marveaux on the bench.

Krul

Deb Taylor Mbwia Santon/RTaylor (dream on)

Arfa Anita/Perch Santon/Jonas

Cabaye/Sissoko

Campbell/Amoebi Cisse

Bench from Amoebi , Rtaylor, Perch, Jonas. Anita, Campbell, Tiote, Haidara, Williamson

Let the ridicule commence, I reckon this has a good mix of defence and attack and options to change things other than brining on Ameobi for our most effective player, or Perch to shore things up when we are behind already :)

Edited by scoobos

Spot on.

It's not like.

it was only the Liverpool game where Pardew started Perch and Tiote. Apart from that our front 6 hasn't been particularly cautious.

If you've conceded 10 goals in 3 games.....16 in 6....you best look to settle the team, not fanny on with ANOTHER shape.

My view is that Marveux has had plenty of opportunity and for some reason people want to dream hes a great player. Reminds me of viana in that respect - all the skills are there but the heart and attitude just isnt.

My post was not a Marveaux-fangirl one. I did not single Marveaux out as our greatest hope for success ever, I just think he provides more overall as an added element to the attack, than what Tiote/Perch does as an added element to the defense. Both Tiote and Perch has had an extremely sucky season though, I'd probably take a defense midfielder of far greater quality than Tiote over Marveaux...simple because we need more quality on the field.

Edited by Aeris

It's not like.

it was only the Liverpool game where Pardew started Perch and Tiote. Apart from that our front 6 hasn't been particularly cautious.

If you've conceded 10 goals in 3 games.....16 in 6....you best look to settle the team, not fanny on with ANOTHER shape.

Started Perch and Tiote and the goals came raining in, kinda shows that if you fuck up the equilibrium of attack and defense you are so fucked. We didn't create anything that match because of that. Jonas aswell, he has just turned into a simple defensive player now who Pardew likes to put on the wing, its like adding a third defensive midfielder to the equation. And then Pardew tells Cab to go all defensive aswell, it just fux us up.

Edited by Aeris