The Battle for the Top Half

Happy Face

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be nice to get a win against Liverpool and have this done with. Otherwise it could still all go wrong. Surely we are due a good performance. Cant think of a match Ive truly enjoyed this season apart from the Chelsea home game.

Tough, Swansea have nothing to play for.

We're closer to 9th than 18th by the way and today was a good result - the other results - not so good.

Swansea in a couple of weeks. The one game I can see them definitely winning.

Their remaining league fixtures:

Wigan

V

Tottenham Sat 27 Apr 15:00

West Brom

V

Wigan Sat 4 May 15:00

Wigan

V

Swansea Tue 7 May 19:45

Arsenal

V

Wigan Tue 14 May 19:45

Wigan

V

Aston Villa

Sun 19 May 16:00

I think we are 1 win from safety. However, getting said win is easier said than done. On paper you'd think getting 1 win out of 4 would be doable but I'm not so sure especially when two of those are Arsenal and Liverpool.

I can see Wigan losing at least 2 out of the 5 fixtures, even if 4 are at home. If that becomes the case, and we get the one win, then unless my quick maths is incorrect the only way Wigan could overtake us is via goal difference.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Our away form is what could send us down. One away win all seasons just not good enough really

It'd be our lack of points that would send us down. You get the same amount for home games and away games, we haven't won enough of either.

Was a good result yesterday, As Tom said were closer to 9th than 18th. Hopefully Wigan can crumble. I just want this season over with now.

We've been saying that for a while now. Its true but it wont help us one little bit if we finish 18th come the last day of the season. Fact is we should be well clear of these team and we arent.

Like you said I wish this season could end tomorrow. Jus hoping we can scrape through now.

Looking on the bright side at least we've collected 36 points. Wigan may have a game in hand but they haven't got the points yet and we have a superior goal difference.

It's sad that I'm now just hoping Wigan or Villa fuck up rather than being confident we can secure a win or two to put it beyond doubt. What a fucking season.

It'd be our lack of points that would send us down. You get the same amount for home games and away games, we haven't won enough of either.

Home form hasn't been too awful. Away form has relegation candidate all over it. Last year we were solid on the road.

Next Saturday is the big one for me. If we lose and they win, they're 3 points behind us with a game in hand. Regardless of what any other team does, that's the time to start really worrying.

If we win and they lose, we're 9 points above them. They still have that game in hand thus 12 points to play for (compared to us having 9), but I can't see them winning 3/4 games and overtaking our goal difference. So like I said, one win should see us safe I reckon. And the sooner the better, the less games we have the more nervous the players will get.

MASSIVE, CUP FINAL, etc.

Wigan have got....

Spurs (H)

West Brom (A)

Swansea (H)

Arsenal (A)

Aston Villa (H)

Villa have got....

Man United (a)

Sunderland (h)

Norwich (a)

Chelsea (H)

Wigan (a)

There's some wins in there - ourselves/mackems/Stoke probably need to reach 40 to be totally safe.