New computer

Bonamental

My computer seems to be completely fucked. Playing videos it will randomly and suddenly lock up with a sort of purple mesh/haze across the screen and then the sound will start repeating the last half a second and it has to be turned off. Formatted it a couple of months ago and installed 7 (instead of Vista) and same problem. However, managed to roll back to older graphics drivers and it seemed ok. Until it started happening again a couple of weeks ago.

Last time it got worse and started doing it when just online etc, and this time it has just done it when trying to load a game, which it never struggled with before.

So, seems I need a new computer. However, no idea what to get, this one has lasted me since early 2008 and I've not paid the slightest bit of attention to tech since then, or even where online is a decent place to buy. I'd like something that can play proper hi def videos and play mass effect 3. Always had desktops, but like the idea of getting a laptop for portability (never had before cos always used to play a fair share of games on pc, but find myself using the ps3 so much more now).

Anyone any suggestions for decent makes/online stores etc?

My computer seems to be completely fucked. Playing videos it will randomly and suddenly lock up with a sort of purple mesh/haze across the screen and then the sound will start repeating the last half a second and it has to be turned off. Formatted it a couple of months ago and installed 7 (instead of Vista) and same problem. However, managed to roll back to older graphics drivers and it seemed ok. Until it started happening again a couple of weeks ago.

Last time it got worse and started doing it when just online etc, and this time it has just done it when trying to load a game, which it never struggled with before.

So, seems I need a new computer. However, no idea what to get, this one has lasted me since early 2008 and I've not paid the slightest bit of attention to tech since then, or even where online is a decent place to buy. I'd like something that can play proper hi def videos and play mass effect 3. Always had desktops, but like the idea of getting a laptop for portability (never had before cos always used to play a fair share of games on pc, but find myself using the ps3 so much more now).

Anyone any suggestions for decent makes/online stores etc?

Just another example of pc gone mad. #dailymail.