The Xbox One

Andrew

So far kicking the crap out of the pre-orders race with PS4, Asda have said it's the most they have every received. £20 to pre-order there btw.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always had a PS and never a XBox but felt I made the wrong choice last time based on gaming alone. Thought I'd wait and see this time but the always on thing is a pain as is the pre owned thing. I have a ps3 at home and at the caravan where I have no net. But I can take games up there if I want. Not with the x1 though. Not really a console killer for me, just a pain. But the ps4 release titles are looking pretty good. E3 will be interesting anyway.

Probably still get one of these eventually. Nothing is putting me off yet and I don't buy for one second that Sony wouldn't be harvesting any information they can get their grubby little hands on.

It'll be the games that drive me to be honest

I'm less bothered about the information thing than I the idea that I won't own anything I buy for an Xbox 1.

Always be at the mercy of Microsoft or

My ISP for whether my games can be played at all.

If their security isn't absolutely tight then it won't take long for a group to target them knowing how much of a problem that would be for any Xbox one owner. Or whenever a new CoD or halo are out I don't believe for a second there won't be days of poor server connectivity due to the numbers playing them which means I can't use my Xbox one. Or on Christmas Day when millions of units are all turned on for the first time on the same day.

Nothing near this big that REQUIRES the Internet to work at all has launched smoothly. This won't either. My 360 did. It's a backwards step

Yes, exactly like that. This isn't a Microsoft vs Sony issue for me, I don't see why the comparison has been brought up in this instance. This is an Xbox one not being good for consumers issue.

That's a depressing read.

Think I'm too old for this shit now. I've played red dead redemption 3 or 4 times in 2013 and that's the sum total of my gaming. The idea of logging on my console every 24 hours or being punished is barely comprehensible. I feel like my nanna trying to work out how video plus is supposed to work.

see thats the thing it's not that you have to login every 24 hours, most people automatically "sign in" when you decide to play something

it's you need to connect once every 24hrs if you want to continue playing things but stuff but decided to hoof the internet cable out for some reason.

mean honestly who decides to go outta their way play something not connected to the internet when they have it hooked up.

Well, student places don't have great internet, lots of people in the deployed in the armed forces don't have any but like their games.

There are a whole lot of people who cant rely on their internet.

I, for one, have played a bunch of LAN parties with 360s, cant take a weekend doing those anymore.

see thats the thing it's not that you have to login every 24 hours, most people automatically "sign in" when you decide to play something

it's you need to connect once every 24hrs if you want to continue playing things but stuff but decided to hoof the internet cable out for some reason.

mean honestly who decides to go outta their way play something not connected to the internet when they have it hooked up.

Still don't understand.

Can I unplug my new Xbox for a week and not lose out?

Yeah, what it's saying is, you can't keep playing on it for a week straight without letting it hit the internet .

ie if you go on to play and it can see the net that's you golden for 24hrs even if your router explodes it'll say thats ok you don't need internet your authenticated...

if you want to be an awkward fucker and fight the man and pulled your internet out of the xbox and try to game like that, after 24 hrs it'll say "i need to authenticate again" soon as you do it'll let you play again.

it's not "making you" go on everyday, it's just saying after 24hrs if i've not had an internet connection...the next time you try to play something i'll need one to login and then we're good.

Gotcha.

I can see the bone of contention like.

I don't like that it's going this way with music too. I buy an album. I pay once and it's mine forever. I can listen anytime anywhere. I pay for a month of spotify and I own nothing. Next month I have to pay again to listen to what I paid for last month... and that's never ending. You aren't building a music library of your own you're constantly borrowing.

I understand that they aren't necessarily doing the spotify model with games yet. But it's not inconceivable that people want to save some money and they cancel the broadband thinking they can make do with access from work.... they should still be able to play games they have paid for.

All I want to know is; will this reduce the number of teenage Norwegians that are oh so much better at Call of Duty than me, so as to make online games an exercise in futility and frustration?

Probably not, i think you're just a bit shite :P

think 2bias was the only one on here who even tried to have a game against me on fifa and all :huff:

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm fully aware that I'm shit at things like CoD and FIFA, anything that requires alacrity of response and coordination. However, I'd kick your ass at Football Manager or a God game like Civ. :razz:

Some impressive looking stuff like. BF4, Forza, Witcher 3 especially. Price tag still hefty. I know a lot complaining about the always on thing and the trade in, but unless the PS4 lives up to the quality of games it wont be a contest. That said, if it does, and it has the price advantage and doesnt have the issues it could swing back to sony I reckon.

I think the price is reasonable considering the price of the xbox 360 when it came out. The price will be due to the blu ray, and the spec upgrades. The last xbox had 512mb ram, this has 8GB. Plus top graphics card and what have you. The potential is there. The connecting to the Internet thing doesn't bother me.

Why would anyone want a camera in the room watching them is beyond me, unless you're paid by the minute.

Aye seriously. That can fuck right off.

Wonder when we'll see the first domestic crime solved by Xbox One.

Aye seriously. That can fuck right off.

Wonder when we'll see the first domestic crime solved by Xbox One.

Imagine what they'll have you doing in the next gen LA Noire, a six hour stakeout sat on your fucking sofa.