The Xbox One

Andrew

Intentionally limiting supply would be staggeringly stupid given how closely matched the two consoles apparently are.

My point exactly but it is something Nintendo do quite regularly.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably a combo of both. I'm edging to ps4 due to their (xbox) previous stance and though they back peddled you know what they want to do and could do in future. It's not that ps4 is hugely different really it's more principle.

I'm 60/40 in favour of ps4 currently. Price not really an influence.

I think within reason most people feel the same - it's not out till November man! You could probably put away £20 a week if you really wanted one.

• 1 month later...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-20-pre-order-xbox-one-and-get-fifa-14-free

So you have to pre-order. and it looks like Xbox one and 360 have got at least time rights to the fifa ultimate team legends.

I'd yet to make my mind up about which console but it looks like my friend in the uk is getting the XBone and two guys from work in Houston are as well. So might have to get my pre-order in soon. No word if they are doing the free game in the USA.

Instantly gazumped by Sony saying ps4 games are going to have a lowered price if they're also available on ps3

See a few places will be doing deals if you buy the xbox/ps3 game pay something like 10$/pounds and get the next gen version.

Right gone and pre-ordered it. All though as my wife said I'll probably end up with both. I think seeing the PS4 interface was enough to send me to xbone.

If you see videos online of me in my boxers in a few months from Microsoft recording my gaming sessions Andrew can say he told me so.

I would not say so.

Like to point out that I'm keen to see how this works (if it works) with comcast. As the comcast interface is by far the ugliest created.

Aye you're probably not wrong.

I'm pretty much a dead cert for the ps4, considering picking up a ps3 cheap for GTA on digital DL then I can potentially carry it over to the 4 later with the cloud/streaming service. Speculation on my part but if that came off it'd be amazing.

Looking for some advice.

My nephew is 8 and has asked for a 360 for Christmas. He has a couple of mates have them and a couple who are also getting them for xmas and he wants to be able to play against them etc.

My initial reaction was that they should get him the Xbox One, but I gather Microsoft have committed to supporting the 360, at least for a while.

Given that he wants to play vs his mates on it, who will have 360s, and it's his first console outside of a Wii, will it be ok for him to just get the 360? I'm assuming you can't play vs people on 360 if you have a One.

My sister is fine with this thing maybe only having a shelf life of a few years before needing to upgrade.

You won't be able to play cross platform 360 to Xbox one.

While his mates have 360s now they could well be getting Ones for Christmas since thats its targeted market and the PS4 has announced it will be released at the end of November the One will almost certainly be very similar.

Microsoft will be supporting the 360 for a while yet, they recently announced a new model alongside the Xbox One announcements but whether he'll get what he wants out of it with his mates is another thing.

May be worth sounding out his mates parents (if your sibling knows them) to see what might be happening and make sure he doesn't wind up disappointed

I've said the same to my sister and she is adamant that his mates are getting the 360. The bloke next door is getting himself an Xbox One and giving his son his 360. What a dad. :lol:

Cheers though, I think she's probably just gonna have to get the 360 and hope she's right about his mates! I guess the main thing is that they will be supporting it for a few years.

I've said the same to my sister and she is adamant that his mates are getting the 360. The bloke next door is getting himself an Xbox One and giving his son his 360. What a dad. :lol:

Cheers though, I think she's probably just gonna have to get the 360 and hope she's right about his mates! I guess the main thing is that they will be supporting it for a few years.

Mums always are :razz: so glad I don't work at GAME over christmas anymore

:lol: reminds me of being about 3 year old and getting a Master System for Christmas. I wonder how my dad convinced my mam that it was actually for me and not him.

Aye I hated working in a bookies on Grand National day. Must be like that for a full month in Game at Christmas.

Did you get sorted out with a new job btw?

Aye been back working for a few months now.

Mums always are :razz: so glad I don't work at GAME over christmas anymore

:lol: my mate worked at gamestation and I don't think he's having kids. Not because he hates kids, more because he hates mums with kids.