Andrew

The Xbox One

Call of duty ghosts will be the same shitty multiplayer as always more host migrations lag comp hackers glitches etc.

Looking forward to the new Xbox. The new Playstation didn't really impress me with what I saw (Although not a lot was shown) I'm an Xbox man It's looking good so far.

So far kicking the crap out of the pre-orders race with PS4, Asda have said it's the most they have every received. £20 to pre-order there btw.

straight upgrade from 360 for me so don't see why not.

i should prob sell the ps3 now if i can tbh in readiness since the new ones a blu-ray drive and all

You mean the hearsay that's not been confirmed?

no not really even if it's true tbh, big bad marketeers logging when i play games and what they are or what movies i get on netflix, all thats readily available to them anyway.

As for the always connected bit... is anyone on here not always leaving their crap plugged into the net?

@the Kinnect stuff, we'll see how much of it is true when it comes out, i don't see how all the "rumors" can blanket cover all the countries where the xbox is to be sold, as i'd say there will be some issues with law/policy in a lot of them.

Failing that i don't have a kinnect now, bar voice commands i won't start playing things like it's a wii, if i need to lob a one inch bit of black tape on a lens or stick a stamp on and let it think i'm the queen.. so be it.

I do find it funny how people will be up in arms though and then running for Sony.... one of the other original major corporate bad boy machines renowned for sticking their arm in and crushing the little guy.

Ehh i'm not getting your point, i thought you were referring to all the bigbrother scare mongering rumor stuff, and you've linked an article saying it can't do anything without you letting it, and that you can nominate 10 people to "share" your games library with akin to bringing your disk round to a mates, and you can have it "off" like the current xbox kinnect while your doing stuff if you wish and then tell it to turn on if you need it.

nothing on those pages is any more alarming than the marketing they've been doing for years by buying up third party data from services you use/where you shop etc.

I've always had a PS and never a XBox but felt I made the wrong choice last time based on gaming alone. Thought I'd wait and see this time but the always on thing is a pain as is the pre owned thing. I have a ps3 at home and at the caravan where I have no net. But I can take games up there if I want. Not with the x1 though. Not really a console killer for me, just a pain. But the ps4 release titles are looking pretty good. E3 will be interesting anyway.

I've always had a PS and never a XBox but felt I made the wrong choice last time based on gaming alone. Thought I'd wait and see this time but the always on thing is a pain as is the pre owned thing. I have a ps3 at home and at the caravan where I have no net. But I can take games up there if I want. Not with the x1 though. Not really a console killer for me, just a pain. But the ps4 release titles are looking pretty good. E3 will be interesting anyway.

nothing much out about the ps4 yet either so it might end up being a similar case.

I've both like and the ps3 with it's "new games not in 1080p" and the awful looking ui just turned it into a blu-ray player for me like, it's so bad even though i've my ps3 jailbroken and can download games i still buy em for the xbox instead.

Probably still get one of these eventually. Nothing is putting me off yet and I don't buy for one second that Sony wouldn't be harvesting any information they can get their grubby little hands on.

It'll be the games that drive me to be honest

I'm less bothered about the information thing than I the idea that I won't own anything I buy for an Xbox 1.

Always be at the mercy of Microsoft or

My ISP for whether my games can be played at all.

If their security isn't absolutely tight then it won't take long for a group to target them knowing how much of a problem that would be for any Xbox one owner. Or whenever a new CoD or halo are out I don't believe for a second there won't be days of poor server connectivity due to the numbers playing them which means I can't use my Xbox one. Or on Christmas Day when millions of units are all turned on for the first time on the same day.

Nothing near this big that REQUIRES the Internet to work at all has launched smoothly. This won't either. My 360 did. It's a backwards step

If their security isn't absolutely tight then it won't take long for a group to target them knowing how much of a problem that would be for any Xbox one owner. Or whenever a new CoD or halo are out I don't believe for a second there won't be days of poor server connectivity due to the numbers playing them which means I can't use my Xbox one. Or on Christmas Day when millions of units are all turned on for the first time on the same day.

Nothing near this big that REQUIRES the Internet to work at all has launched smoothly. This won't either. My 360 did. It's a backwards step

like when sony was forced to issue "free games" as an apology for the psn shambles?

or when the masterkey for the system was harvested resulting in all the jailbreaking letting piracy in through the door.

everything gets leaked and everything gets targeted, but in Sonys issue it wasn't even the fact someone stole data, the issue of the total shambles was they storing data in plain text :lol:.... we don't even do that on here.

I think you're over estimating the demand a bit, it's not a "if everyone boils their kettle during the break in corrie the grid goes down" situation, the amount of bandwidth/data/processing power required to handle an authentication is next to nothing.

Yes, exactly like that. This isn't a Microsoft vs Sony issue for me, I don't see why the comparison has been brought up in this instance. This is an Xbox one not being good for consumers issue.

Just a good example in a like for like field, I could've used hbos or something similar, which is kind of my point, everything is already gone or going this way anyway.

I don't think it's particularly invasive enough to care about, we'll see how it goes but i think it's overhyped currently which i'm sure microsoft love.

No publicity is bad

That's a depressing read.

Think I'm too old for this shit now. I've played red dead redemption 3 or 4 times in 2013 and that's the sum total of my gaming. The idea of logging on my console every 24 hours or being punished is barely comprehensible. I feel like my nanna trying to work out how video plus is supposed to work.

see thats the thing it's not that you have to login every 24 hours, most people automatically "sign in" when you decide to play something

it's you need to connect once every 24hrs if you want to continue playing things but stuff but decided to hoof the internet cable out for some reason.

mean honestly who decides to go outta their way play something not connected to the internet when they have it hooked up.

see thats the thing it's not that you have to login every 24 hours, most people automatically "sign in" when you decide to play something

it's you need to connect once every 24hrs if you want to continue playing things but stuff but decided to hoof the internet cable out for some reason.

mean honestly who decides to go outta their way play something not connected to the internet when they have it hooked up.

Well, student places don't have great internet, lots of people in the deployed in the armed forces don't have any but like their games.

There are a whole lot of people who cant rely on their internet.

I, for one, have played a bunch of LAN parties with 360s, cant take a weekend doing those anymore.

not having great internet and not having it work once while it's permanently connected is entirely different, playing "online" will be shite on any console, but it managing to get through on the net while it's plugged in.. no biggie i'd have thought.

The second part of that argument is scraping the barrel a bit and a small minority who will struggle to get many many things less complicated than a games console to work.

Why won't the lan parties work? did you play them in a place without a single ounce of internet to share? where did ya play them in a shed in a field using a generator with no one who even could lob up tethering on a phone which may/may not have 3G?

only winding ya up like, but the faux outrage on the net over things for this annoucement is class

"omg i have to plug in my xbox to the net once every 24 hours to continually play" - err don't you generally have a network cable permently lobbed into it? aye but still

"jaysus i can't share my games" - says you can nominate 10 people to share with and it'll be on a cloud to access from anywhere

"yeah but the kinnect has to always be on" - is that the thing i can hear you swearing over on fifa you forget to mute all the time?

People who don't like it don't have to buy it but i gurrantee....they all will and have a grumble, it's what nerds are best at lol.

Still don't understand.

Can I unplug my new Xbox for a week and not lose out?