Andrew

The Xbox One

Instantly gazumped by Sony saying ps4 games are going to have a lowered price if they're also available on ps3

See a few places will be doing deals if you buy the xbox/ps3 game pay something like 10$/pounds and get the next gen version.

Right gone and pre-ordered it. All though as my wife said I'll probably end up with both. I think seeing the PS4 interface was enough to send me to xbone.

If you see videos online of me in my boxers in a few months from Microsoft recording my gaming sessions Andrew can say he told me so.

I would not say so.

Like to point out that I'm keen to see how this works (if it works) with comcast. As the comcast interface is by far the ugliest created.

game prices will end up being the same though Andrew i'd say that's nailed on for both systems.

although being a tenner cheaper prob means they'll both end up being 40-45 quid still :lol: crazy money like

Aye you're probably not wrong.

I'm pretty much a dead cert for the ps4, considering picking up a ps3 cheap for GTA on digital DL then I can potentially carry it over to the 4 later with the cloud/streaming service. Speculation on my part but if that came off it'd be amazing.

Looking for some advice.

My nephew is 8 and has asked for a 360 for Christmas. He has a couple of mates have them and a couple who are also getting them for xmas and he wants to be able to play against them etc.

My initial reaction was that they should get him the Xbox One, but I gather Microsoft have committed to supporting the 360, at least for a while.

Given that he wants to play vs his mates on it, who will have 360s, and it's his first console outside of a Wii, will it be ok for him to just get the 360? I'm assuming you can't play vs people on 360 if you have a One.

My sister is fine with this thing maybe only having a shelf life of a few years before needing to upgrade.

You won't be able to play cross platform 360 to Xbox one.

While his mates have 360s now they could well be getting Ones for Christmas since thats its targeted market and the PS4 has announced it will be released at the end of November the One will almost certainly be very similar.

Microsoft will be supporting the 360 for a while yet, they recently announced a new model alongside the Xbox One announcements but whether he'll get what he wants out of it with his mates is another thing.

May be worth sounding out his mates parents (if your sibling knows them) to see what might be happening and make sure he doesn't wind up disappointed

I've said the same to my sister and she is adamant that his mates are getting the 360. The bloke next door is getting himself an Xbox One and giving his son his 360. What a dad. :lol:

Cheers though, I think she's probably just gonna have to get the 360 and hope she's right about his mates! I guess the main thing is that they will be supporting it for a few years.

I've said the same to my sister and she is adamant that his mates are getting the 360. The bloke next door is getting himself an Xbox One and giving his son his 360. What a dad. :lol:

Cheers though, I think she's probably just gonna have to get the 360 and hope she's right about his mates! I guess the main thing is that they will be supporting it for a few years.

Mums always are :razz: so glad I don't work at GAME over christmas anymore

Aye I hated working in a bookies on Grand National day. Must be like that for a full month in Game at Christmas.

Did you get sorted out with a new job btw?

:lol: reminds me of being about 3 year old and getting a Master System for Christmas. I wonder how my dad convinced my mam that it was actually for me and not him.

Aye I hated working in a bookies on Grand National day. Must be like that for a full month in Game at Christmas.

Did you get sorted out with a new job btw?

Aye been back working for a few months now.

Mums always are :razz: so glad I don't work at GAME over christmas anymore

:lol: my mate worked at gamestation and I don't think he's having kids. Not because he hates kids, more because he hates mums with kids.

Titanfall does look good. Lots of rumors it's just a times exclusive though. Not too sure about the Ryse of Rome though.

22nd of november. So right in between the PS4 launch in the US/UK. Just before the thanks giving break so will get a chance to get stuck into Forza/Fifa.

Think I'm going for this over ps4 like. Change of direction for me. Prob hold off getting FIFA and GTV until then and also get Forza and BF4.

Think I'm going for this over ps4 like. Change of direction for me. Prob hold off getting FIFA and GTV until then and also get Forza and BF4.

GTAs not coming out on the next gens.

when i got a 360 i regretted it wish i never bought the damn thing since i went back to sony i have been happy its stable and does not give a horrible light indicater

My nephew's getting an Xbox for Christmas - the old one - and I'm wondering where the best place is to get Xbox Live subscriptions. Is there any one place that's cheaper than others, that's also reliable? Looking for 12 months or longer if that exists. Cheers.

Also, any recommendations on headsets - I'll just go by Amazon reviews unless anyone feels particularly strongly about one?

Thanks for the help.