West Ham v Newcastle UNITED

Slayer

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a dream we won this last night. then i woke up and realised we're still in the shit.

really want this game and this season to be over. can't cope with watching yet another humiliating defeat and the anxiety of another potential season in the lower leagues. just want it over so i can prepare mentally for whatever next season might bring.

i had a dream we won this last night. then i woke up and realised we're still in the shit.

really want this game and this season to be over. can't cope with watching yet another humiliating defeat and the anxiety of another potential season in the lower leagues. just want it over so i can prepare mentally for whatever next season might bring.

I had a dream we took the field against West Brom needing a point to stay up, we were 3-1 down wih moments to go and Demba Ba scored twice in the final few minutes to save us.

For. Fucks. Sake.

For those arriving by train into Kings Cross.

Head over to St Pancras Int. The high speed train takes 6 minutes to Stratford Int. Costs £7ish Rtn. Runs every 10/20 mins.

A very short bus shuttle at Stratford Int takes you to Stratford. About 2/3 mins. There are drinking establishments aplenty in Stratford.

From Stratford its a 15 minute bus journey or £7 in a taxi up to the ground.

With engineering works on the underground I've just saved you a right fuck on!

Head over to St Pancras Int. The high speed train takes 6 minutes to Stratford Int. Costs £7ish Rtn. Runs every 10/20 mins.

A very short bus shuttle at Stratford Int takes you to Stratford. About 2/3 mins. There are drinking establishments aplenty in Stratford.

From Stratford its a 15 minute bus journey or £7 in a taxi up to the ground.

With engineering works on the underground I've just saved you a right fuck on!

or get back on the (southbound) Jubille Line after getting pissed in Stratford and change to the Distrcit Line at West Ham, as the works are all to the west of WH and Upton Park is the first station to the east :)

If I was going to the lakes id have FUCK ALL to do with this match & would spend the time inventing a new sport.

Pie-aking.

CT dresses like a canoeist , goes to a riverbank, and eats some pies.

I do as it happens.

Where are you staying?

Grange over sands but will be out and about come 3.00 sat. Not letting the game get in the way of the holiday BUT, if it was on in Keswick or Bowness then I could steer the women for a few hours shopping ;)

Pie-aking.

CT dresses like a canoeist , goes to a riverbank, and eats some pies.

Footboard where CT goes somewhere he deems noteworthy and takes a picture of at least one foot so that he can post it on toontastic.

Wasn't that only during the Olympics?

This match will certainly be an interesting one. I will for one be keeping my eye on Andy Carroll's body language. This will give us some kind of indication of where his future lies. I like Newcastle FC. Passionate fans, amazing stadium and had a good laugh with you lot on here a couple of years ago. Sorry to say it, but I really want us to win and boost our chances of finishing in the top half of the league.

Hopefully Wigan hit bad form and go down. I would much rather you lot stay up than them. How wrong is it for the premier league to lose a club with such good fans and allow another one to stay up whose fans couldn't fill a black cab.

Our home form has been extremely strong lately. It even took a wrongly decided offside to secure a point. Hope both teams really go for it, although I can see your lot putting a lot more effort into it while we try and absorb it and hit back in the 2nd half. I am going for a 2-1 win to West Ham. It is already written in the stars that both Nolan and Carroll will score.

This match will certainly be an interesting one. I will for one be keeping my eye on Andy Carroll's body language. This will give us some kind of indication of where his future lies. I like Newcastle FC. Passionate fans, amazing stadium and had a good laugh with you lot on here a couple of years ago. Sorry to say it, but I really want us to win and boost our chances of finishing in the top half of the league.

Hopefully Wigan hit bad form and go down. I would much rather you lot stay up than them. How wrong is it for the premier league to lose a club with such good fans and allow another one to stay up whose fans couldn't fill a black cab.

Our home form has been extremely strong lately. It even took a wrongly decided offside to secure a point. Hope both teams really go for it, although I can see your lot putting a lot more effort into it while we try and absorb it and hit back in the 2nd half. I am going for a 2-1 win to West Ham. It is already written in the stars that both Nolan and Carroll will score.

"If achievement went on fanbase and support then Newcastle would be one of the three biggest clubs in England." Sir Alex Ferguson said that in January, and it's alright saying that but it's what you have on the pitch that counts. No club has a divine right to be a top flight club, and the fact is we are gross underachievers. If we go down we will deserve to go down. I have a feeling we'll draw 1-1 at West Ham and at QPR, which will hopefully be enough.

"If achievement went on fanbase and support then Newcastle would be one of the three biggest clubs in England." Sir Alex Ferguson said that in January, and it's alright saying that but it's what you have on the pitch that counts. No club has a divine right to be a top flight club, and the fact is we are gross underachievers. If we go down we will deserve to go down. I have a feeling we'll draw 1-1 at West Ham and at QPR, which will hopefully be enough.

Yeah I do agree. But I just mean I don't like the thought of it. No club is too big to go down. It is as you say, what you do on the pitch. We deserved to go down under Avram Grant. Funnily enough, I think it was most probably the best thing that happened to us. Had we stayed up, we would have had all those ageing players still on our books and god forbid, Grant still in charge! A lot of you might not agree with this, but Big Sam has worked wonders in his time at our club. I would like to see 'Arry the twitch get QPHahaha up on the first time of asking.

Yeah I do agree. But I just mean I don't like the thought of it. No club is too big to go down. It is as you say, what you do on the pitch. We deserved to go down under Avram Grant. Funnily enough, I think it was most probably the best thing that happened to us. Had we stayed up, we would have had all those ageing players still on our books and god forbid, Grant still in charge! A lot of you might not agree with this, but Big Sam has worked wonders in his time at our club. I would like to see 'Arry the twitch get QPHahaha up on the first time of asking.

I think he will but they're a disgraceful club, so are Man City and Chelsea. West Ham are as big as those two used to be, disgraceful that a rich foreign owner can pick a club who he wants to do well.

1998 World Rich List - no Man City or QPR, funny that.

1. Manchester United, England - £87.9m

2. Real Madrid, Spain - £72.2m

3. Bayern Munich, Germany - £65.2m

4. Juventus, Italy - £55.3m

5. Newcastle United, England - £49.2m

6. Barcelona, Spain - £48.57m

7. AC Milan, Italy - £48.55m

8. Internazionale, Italy - £48.2m

9. Chelsea, England - £47.5m

10. Liverpool, England - £45.5m

11. Borussia Dortmund, Germany - £41.5m

12. Lazio, Italy - £41.1m

13. Arsenal, England - £40.4m

14. AC Parma, Italy - £33.4m

15. Paris Saint Germain, France - £32.9m

16. Glasgow Rangers, Scotland - £32.5m

17. Aston Villa, England - £31.8m

18. Tottenham Hotspur, England - £31.2m

19. AS Roma, Italy - $30.7m

20. Leeds United, England - £28.3m

I think he will but they're a disgraceful club, so are Man City and Chelsea. West Ham are as big as those two used to be, disgraceful that a rich foreign owner can pick a club who he wants to do well.

Football certainly has changed since those days. It makes me sick when players get touched and go down like a sack of bricks nowadays....makes it even worse when a ref gives a foul for it. Even when a West Ham player does it, it seriously gets on my nerves. As for 'Arry. He might have been an okay manager back in the day, but I think he has finally been found out. I hope they do not come back up and stay down there and rot. I don't mean to be harsh to their fans, who are the lifeblood of the club. But it will hopefully put some rich potential owners off the thought of buying a club. Then again, I suppose that's just delaying the inevitable. Won't be that long till every premier league club has a rich owner.

Edited by RexHammer

Why is AS Roma priced in dollars? Glad I'll be out of contact for this match like.