West Ham v Newcastle UNITED

Slayer

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why taylor williamson? Have we officially lost faith with Ywanga now?

It was always going to be tough for a young centre back who doesn't speak any English.

He's been struggling recently, and that probably hasn't been helped by playing pretty much every minute since Colo fucked off.

Williamson and Taylor are relatively used to playing together, they both speak the same language and they both know the sort of tricks that West Ham will play. They have both played loads of games in the PL. Against a mobile, pacey side, I'd be wary of it, but West Ham's approach is so physical and aggressive that I worry Mbiwa would be pushed aside.

Half our team speek french so the language barrier excuse is poor.His positional player is poor,so no language problem there.He's getting outmuscled too often,again nowt to do with his lack of english.He's weaker than Kevin Scott ever was.He even looks uncomfotable when he has the ball at his feet.Basically,he's looking like a waste of money.This weekend he has Carroll and Nolan to contend with,perish the thought.

Doesn't matter about the language spoken by rest of the team. The communication that matters is between his fellow centre back, otherwise we'll see players not being picked up, offside traps being ballsed up and passes going astray. Mbiwa can't ask Cabaye to translate what Taylor has just said when they're both chasing a ball down.

Mbiwa will learn in time - there is definitely a player in there.

I don't think he's a waste of money at all, I just think that at this stage of his development, I don't fancy his chances against West Ham.

Am in attendance in East London on Saturday....meeting up with a couple of lads from back home, one of whom I've not seen in a couple of decades, supposed to be an end of season jolly up, result not vital for anything, hopefully the sun will shine...think most of us have been at that sort of care free, end of season affair and thouroughly enjoyed it. Don't think this is going to be like that....lets face it, this is going to be fuckin murder to watch. Just got my QPR ticket as well...must be fuckin mental..

Edited by PaddockLad

Taylor has 3 french speaking defenders around him so he should be the one struggling with the language.Mbiwa may come good,but at the moment he is a waste of money and not worthy a place in the team.The brochure said he was `the business'.

How long did it take for Colo though to come good?

Taylor has 3 french speaking defenders around him so he should be the one struggling with the language.Mbiwa may come good,but at the moment he is a waste of money and not worthy a place in the team.The brochure said he was `the business'.

Taylor has been just as bad.

I think that's so harsh, I believe hes looked as good as colo at times, even though hes just arrived... weird.

We're only going to get points from QPR.

We'll stay up.

We'll finish midtable next season

We'll suffer CT flitting from calling the manager world class and no good (whoever it is).

I think if we get a new manager the season will go something like

1. Nerves
  2. Cautious optimism
  3. Optimism
  4. Bravado
  5. Concern
  6. Anger
  7. Resignation
  8. Waiting for the next season to start.

Fuck football :huff:

That said, I don't think our defence had a chance on Saturday - they were horribly exposed by our midfield.

Cabaye was pushed up almost near Cisse and both of Perch and Tiote were pressing high up the pitch. This was clearly tactical instruction from Pardew rather than any particular individual failing. We know that every single player on that pitch is capable of doing the business.

Singling out the defence for special treatment after Saturday's game is IMO short sighted. We were set up wrongly and left our back line for dead. If you're consistently left with 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 at the back, you're going to get hammered.

Yep. Abysmal tactics by Pardew. We were just set up all wrong. Pressing in wrong areas and not as a team. And when we lost the ball we were so high up the pitch it played into Sturridges hands.

In current form I'd start Simpson over Debauchy (regardless of suspension) and think about taking Haidara out of the firing line aswell. maybe shift Mbwia over there and get Colo back in. Williamson might also be worth a game to combat Carroll.

It's not looking good kids.

In current form I'd start Simpson over Debauchy (regardless of suspension) and think about taking Haidara out of the firing line aswell. maybe shift Mbwia over there and get Colo back in. Williamson might also be worth a game to combat Carroll.

It's not looking good kids.

Yep.

If Colo can walk, he can fucking get on the pitch and put a shift in. If there is a dilemma over his fitness then throw caution to the wind, he is one of our most experienced players and, whilst his crack in January was abysmal, we need players of his talent now. Usually I'd stop short of a mackem/red scouse-esque comment like 'he owes it to the club', but fuck it. We need him and if he is even 50% fit we need a confident player like him propping us up at the back (Wehey).

Edited by ADP

I fear Wigan will get at least a point at WBA.Our goal difference to take another hit against West Ham.it took Colo a season to get to grips with the Prem,but he always looked good on the ball.Mbiwa has looked canny at times with regards to covering as last man,but nervous when in control of the ball.Being out muscled and out of position are basic errors for a central defender.Are we better with Mbiwa and Taylor of Williamson and Taylor.I'd go for the latter partnership for Saturday.

Taylor should play right back with Colo and Mbwia in the centre. HBA has to start too.

A fair shout, HBA is by miles our best hope of goals. I would be telling him to win penalties, just get in the box and jink ffs.

Edited by trophyshy