Hey guys

Jonny_nufc

There's this girl I like at work and I'm having a few problems getting anywhere with her :razz:

I've tried to impress her. I baked some scones a fortnight ago and brought her some in and as far as I know she enjoyed them, but I didn't see her eat them :)

Next, i decided to be a bit sneaky :rolleyes: I brought in the previous day's Times crossword having picked up the answers that day, and I sat in the staff room during lunch time, reading the clues out loud and getting them straight away... ... bit dishonest I know but you have to play the game eh :)

So thinking she had me down as a cross between Einstein and Jamie Oliver, I decided to go one step further and I burnt her my ELO CD so she could have a copy. I just flung it out on her desk and said.... 'hey, here are some tunes for you to listen to' ... but even though she says she likes the CD, she doesn't name any of the songs :)

So then I decided to ask her out for an ice-cream one lunchtime but she doesn't like ice-cream :) ... i said never mind, lets go for a meal one evening but she's always busy. She says she goes shopping 4 nights a week ... maybe then I should wait for her in the supermarket ?

Anyway, my last hope is inviting her round for a game of Warhammer but that will mean introducing her to all the lads and she's going to think we're a bunch of psychos :rolleyes:

Help needed ... and I've already bought her a box of crystalized ginger and that didn't work :razz:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should buy her a puppy. :)

Like one of the ones on the Andrex ads. That'd work for sure.

Unless she's allergic to fur. But oh well. If she is, and she still keeps the puppy, then I'd say you're in.

You should buy her a puppy.  :)

Like one of the ones on the Andrex ads.  That'd work for sure.

Unless she's allergic to fur.  But oh well.  If she is, and she still keeps the puppy, then I'd say you're in.

77905[/snapback]

Hang on, I'll write this down. :)

I was thinking about casually dropping in to the conversation that I drink more than the recommened 2 litres of water a day and at least seven portions of fruit and veg, then offering her my tupperware box filled with sunflower seeds, dried fruit, nuts etc..

What dya reckon Lou?

:)

And wear very very shiny black shoes, and casually drop into conversation how you spent 2hours cleaning them, because you don't like riffraff with an untidy appearance.

You'll be "baking her scones" again in no time, believe me :)

:)

And wear very very shiny black shoes, and casually drop into conversation how you spent 2hours cleaning them, because you don't like riffraff with an untidy appearance.

You'll be "baking her scones" again in no time, believe me :)

77908[/snapback]

:) i feel confident now.

Its all down to you, :)

Just make sure you erase the NAMBLA site from your IE history before inviting her round for a game of Counterstrike and some tea and crumpets. :)

77912[/snapback]

And show her how sophisticated you are by serving her Long Island ice tea with your scones/crumpets instead of earl grey.

'...but he just stood there mumbling and grumbling...' :)

Don't be afraid Craig. My parents only musical fuck ups were ELO and Supertramp, I used to resist, but it was futile...embrace it..

'...dododo...it's a living thing! What a terrible thing to lose...it's a giving thing...dododododoooo...'

Get up early, make sure you look as dapper as poss, full side parting and all then wait in the entrance where you work for her to arrive, standing with a bouqet of flowers.

When she walks in just walk over and hand her the flowers before saying...

"alreet pet, when can I get in yer doggers"

If your prepared to humiliate yourself that much for the love of a woman she will be in your arms in no time, its not what you say but what you are prepared to do for them that counts.

'...but he just stood there mumbling and grumbling...'  :)

Don't be afraid Craig. My parents only musical fuck ups were ELO and Supertramp, I used to resist, but it was futile...embrace it..

'...dododo...it's a living thing! What a terrible thing to lose...it's a giving thing...dododododoooo...'

77934[/snapback]

Tame by comparison of someone I know who's parents had the entire back collection of Showaddywaddy!

'Hey rock and roll!' :)

(and no, it wasn't mine....)

I feel a lesson from the Smooth Operator/Wacky Jnr school of tact is in order.... :)

If you want to know an answer, just ask the bloody question. :)

Bastards, I wanted him to stand like a right cock with a bunch of flowers and a side parting :)

Aye, I dont think shes interested either, shes being polite as to not cause problems at work.

Simple, move on and find another lady to take to the gun show.