Wigan vs Swansea Reserves

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We finish level with Sunderland but go down on goal difference. If that was available as a bet, I'd put a tenner on it.

ItCrowdDenholmWindow_medium.gif

Have to hope Swansea can get a point at least. They are due a result and Wigan a bad one, fook me thats clutching at straws isnt it :lol:

We could be 18th on Tuesday couldnt we? FFS :suicide:

Can't help but think that Wigan will beat Swansea and if so, by Tuesday night we'll be in the bottom 3.

If we don't beat QPR at the weekend we will more than likely stay there as I can't see us getting anything against Arsenal(I hope I'm wrong). All the other teams in the relegation zone have as many or more points and are ahead of us on goal difference.

It's up to us to beat QPR or it's adios to the Premier league, and if so, I hope it's adieu to Pardieu as we have enough talented players in the squad but he doesn't seem to be able to get them to perform as a winning team.

Unless I'm wrong, Santon, Marveaux, and perhaps Haidara & Sissoko, will be the only ones unavailable against QPR.

Debuchy would only have got 1 game suspension so he will be available. Colo is back and looked good.

There are too many variables to mention to even start getting worried about whether or not we will stay up or go down.

As I have said all along - i think Wigan will go down - the thought of the FA Cup must now start to be entering their tiny minds, BUT one thing I did notice was that we could stay up even if we lost both the remaining matches, as I think Norwich are in big trouble, a home game against WBA and then away at City, who'll be looking at cementing their position in 2nd for the CL next season.

We'll know, or have an idea as to what's required after the game this week, as Chelsea play Spurs on Wed, so that will have a bearing on the City game.

So if they lose both by 2 goals, and we lose by 1, then bye bye Chris.

Keeping it toon,

SCT

Can't see Wigan losing this tbh. It's all down to the QPR game and if we don't beat them then can we honestly say we deserve to stay up?

After tonight Norwich could actually be our best shot of staying up. But given that they have West Brom at home at the weekend, I could actually see them getting something there too.

There were actually more than enough positives to take from our game on Saturday to suggest we can win at QPR but you just know Remy's going to score and Redknapp would love to put us down so I'm anything but confident.

Depends on the manner of the defeat. If it includes another goal incorrectly chalked off for offside, or another goal incorrectly chalked off even though the ball crossed the line, or another thigh high deliberate assault going unpunished, or another winner following a deliberate handball...

Depends on the manner of the defeat. If it includes another goal incorrectly chalked off for offside, or another goal incorrectly chalked off even though the ball crossed the line, or another thigh high deliberate assault going unpunished, or another winner following a deliberate handball...

We've had the worst luck against those sides we're now in a dogfight with...due mostly to bad luck...or piss poor officiating...one of them anyway...

Anyone know how many of Cisse's 6(?) disallowed yet legitimate goals were "counters"? i.e. may well have contributed to our points total?..one was v Benfica so that doesnt count...

That's what's pissing me off, the old it "evens out over the season" bollocks. In the direct game between us and Wigan which could have a fundamental effect on "the season" it went against us, that's not going to even out. It's crap, in this day and age that we just accept this shit when there's camera's all over.

This weekend is the decider imo, whoever gets the worst result out of us v QPR, Norwich v West Brom and Mackems v Southampton looks set to go down tbh. I'm still not as convinced as others that Wigan are going to get out of it but taking them out the equation for now those 3 games are a big decider, especially as us, Norwich and the mackems will probably all lose the final games. Hope the FA cup final goes to extra time and Wigan lose a heartbreaker in all.

That's what's pissing me off, the old it "evens out over the season" bollocks. In the direct game between us and Wigan which could have a fundamental effect on "the season" it went against us, that's not going to even out. It's crap, in this day and age that we just accept this shit when there's camera's all over.

The whole Wigan thing has pissed me off massively. Not only did McManaman stay on the pitch, not only did they cheat their way to victory, but he's scored crucial goals for them in the games since, when he really should have been banned.

The only way things could even out now would be if McManaman scored the own goal which relegated Wigan, and simultaneously shat himself and snapped his cruciate ligament in the process.

Edited by BigWalrus

The only way things could even out now would be if McManaman scored the own goal which relegated Wigan, and simultaneously shat himself and snapped his cruciate ligament in the process.

:lol: And his house was robbed by scousers.