Ferguson to retire at the end of the season - David Moyes replaces him.

Kid Dynamite

Also... what if Man U fall apart? So, what if their success really was all because of him. That squad looks crap to most of us and yet it wins anyway. God I hope he retires, it'd be fascinating! Might open the league right back up again.

Also... what if Man U fall apart? So, what if their success really was all because of him. That squad looks crap to most of us and yet it wins anyway. God I hope he retires, it'd be fascinating! Might open the league right back up again.

Its hardly 'crap' but the guy does squeeze every little bit out of it.

I thought he might've fancied another crack at the European Cup but maybe he realises that the squad he has are light years away from that.

I really hope they get Mourinho just to wind up the Chelsea lot.

not sure i see moyes or mourinho replacing ferguson. moyes is unproven at that level. you could argue it's like for like given it's one dour jock for another. but his sides are very defensive with an emphasis on saftey first. ditto mourinho. for all his success, he can be quite negative in the way he sets teams up against the better sides. plus he has all the baggage.

not sure i see moyes or mourinho replacing ferguson. moyes is unproven at that level. you could argue it's like for like given it's one dour jock for another. but his sides are very defensive with an emphasis on saftey first. ditto mourinho. for all his success, he can be quite negative in the way he sets teams up against the better sides. plus he has all the baggage.

Cabaye, maybe? ;)

Last game of the season is his 1500th

David Gill and Fergies brother are both stepping down too apparently

Looks like its a done deal

He's staying on as "Director and Ambassador"..... Moyes won't mind someone to mull things over with after training, thats what Fergie did when Busby was still club President and Dalglish did with Bob Paisely when they were both new to their jobs at mufc & lfc ;)

This could change the landscape of English football. He's not only the most successful manager, he's also shaped the approaches of other managers.