Ferguson to retire at the end of the season - David Moyes replaces him.

Kid Dynamite

I wouldn't say that it's guaranteed to be a disaster but he's unproven at that level. It's very risky and I'm surprised at a club like Man U going for him, it has Fergie's fingerprints all over it.

Given Ferguson is hanging around as Director and Ambassador, I could see him moulding Moyes into the manager a lot of football seem to think he can be.

Just what you want as a manager like, a legend looming over you 'moulding' your decisions. Moyes hasn't answered to anyone but himself for ten years

To be honest, there are few people I'd rather have teaching me about football management. How to stay relevant in the ever changing football world?

Can you imagine a better resource?

Sounds a bit like Fergie's relationship with Busbie.

Ask Dave Sexton, Ron Atkinson etc, Busby must've been a millstone around their necks. Fergie came in a decade plus after he left by which time Busby was a memory and they were desperate.

It's a strange pet hate to have correcting already correct english.

eg mine either, mine neither.

"me neither" is casual speech as it is, instead of using "nor do I"

I beg to differ - negative neither, positive either.

One of my fsvourite authors does this quite often and it really annoys me.

To quote principal Skinner in many ways I'm a small and petty man.

Yes but it's still perfectly acceptable informally, more so in speech/on here than in a formal document, same would go for

"neither shane or sammy score goals" / "neither his team nor shane score goals", it's more often than not the former if you see it written on here.

Anyway i really don't care :lol: prepared to be annoyed as i shall no doubt do it again and again

That's okay - you're a very minor offender compared with CT's grammar holocausts.

I accept some of the points being made here like. The pressure at Everton being the size they are is virtually non existent, from speaking to two media people every day to speaking to fifty will be a massive change, as will seeing 75000 every week as opposed to 32000 on a good day. It's such a huge leap he's making but I can't stress enough that he's capable. What he's done with a club of Everton's size is utterly remarkable. When you look at things like infrastructure and fanbase, Sunderland should be doing better than Everton, but he's had that little club top 10 in nine of his eleven seasons, absolutely incredible. If he does half as well at Man Utd, there'll be many Premier League's, even Champions League's to come.