Player of the Season 2012 / 2013

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CIsse for me, but there's not really a lot to choose from. Cabaye had a purple patch when he was first selected as captain but is completely off the boil at the moment, regardless of fatigue.

Aye, Santon was very good for the first half.

Nobody's really had a very good full season, but then with the amount of chopping and changing we've done, anyone would have struggled to shine.

Thought Santon was outstanding earlier in the season. We've actually missed him recently.

He was class at the start of the season - the player we all know he can be - he doesn't look as good when he's not in the same back 4 as Colo - seems to lose his head a bit.

Thought Santon was outstanding earlier in the season. We've actually missed him recently.

Santon is great going forward but his reading of the game defensively is woeful at times, Jonas has got him out of the shit on many occasions

He was class at the start of the season - the player we all know he can be - he doesn't look as good when he's not in the same back 4 as Colo - seems to lose his head a bit.

Aye, Coloccini is brilliant at organising the back line. Santon is still very young and learning the game - positional sense develops over time, it's not a natural ability in any footballer.

Santon over hyped going forward and very poor defensively.

I don't think anyone really hypes him up. He's clearly a talented footballer though, with a great first touch and a decent pass on him. Compared with someone like Danny Simpson, whose first touch is usually off the shin and out for a throw, he's a breath of fresh air. Another full season in the PL will have done him the world of good and make him stronger for next year.

I think Elliot is about the only player who's not disapointed this season (possible Gouffran as he's been what I expected and Haidara who's not played much yet which was also what I expected) and actually exceeded expectations.

Everyone else has for the most part underperformed for a variety of reasons.

Sad that its a guy who went half way through the season, but demba ba was our best and worst player imo. Best when he was playing, but going to chelsea nailed us in a way we couldn't recover from.

I'd be tempted, despite getting panned here - to say my other pick would be Jonas , for the fact that the lads on his arse - his mate Colo threw his toys out the pram, but he put in 100% effort in every single game I saw him play in , it's such a shame Keegan didn't get time to use him as he intended. Pardew is killing his game. Lets not mention his complete inability to cross the ball though.