Player of the Season 2012 / 2013

Campbell. If the Frenchies had of passed the ball to him, he would've bagged a few on his debut and then took over from Shola and saved us from a relegation dogfight.

:ermm:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to be Krul I think. I can't think of a dodgy moment all season. Even after recovering from injury and being thrown into the side v. Benfica away, he performed admirably. Top class player who we are deeply indebted to.

Everyone has disappointed to some extent. I think I'd give it to Cisse though.

He's never stopped running, looking for space and creating chances whether scoring goals or setting them up.

He's scored 13 and it should be 20 if match officials weren't shit.

If he get's someone quality to play a bit closer to him he'll be flying again.

Newcastle United Supporters' Trust will present Tim Krul and Sylvain Marveaux with Player of the Season awards at St James' Park on Sunday 19 May.

The awards, following an online poll of more than 3,000 Newcastle United fans across the North East, UK and the rest of the world by NUST will be made before Newcastle's last home game of the season against Arsenal.

Michael Thewlis from the Trust said:

"The player of the season award for Tim Krul is a recognition of his consistent performances again this season, a year after becoming our first choice 'keeper in his first season in the Premier League in 2011-12. Tim just beat Yohan Cabaye to the top award, with Davide Santon coming third. Although Tim has been absent with injuries this year, he has still made 31 first team appearances. In the games he has played he has made many match-winning and match-saving stops that has done much to keep us in the Premier League."

NUST also are awarding a Most Improved Player of the Year award to Sylvain Marveaux.

Michael Thewlis said:

"Fans really do appreciate seeing players develop at their club and think it is important that the work those players put in is recognised, and that is what this award is all about. Sylvain was the run-away winner of the fans' most improved player award, with Davide Santon coming second and James Perch coming third. Despite only starting in 20 games this year, fans have been impressed by Sylvain's positivity and battling, hard-working performances and they will certainly be looking forward to seeing him next season."

"Despite only starting in 20 games this year, fans have been impressed by Sylvain's positivity and battling, hard-working performances"

Really???

I know! Fucking hell :lol:

It's always refreshing when my views, that are often derided on here, as usual turn out to be "most normals fans" view as well. :)

Look around the ground next time you're there. Then congratulate yourself on sharing the views of those people. :lol: