BT Broadband

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get my sky through the company that supplies all the pubs and bars. The company act as a middle man between the customer and sky based on (I assume) fake addresses in the UK. Not sure how this is going to work out but it will probably be expensive.

By luck I changed to BT fibre optic a month or before all this BT sports channel came about so I get it for nixy. :D

Then again, is this a good thing? It has a large assortment of bell-ends like Owen, R Ferdinand and Carra, Carra, Carragher, McMannaman etc. (Nice to see the ex-Liverpool and ex-Man U lads get a gig on TV as they're under represented at present. Well done BT!) :good:

Been doing a comparison to see what I need to argue about when I ring...

Virgin VIP collection - £115/month - No fees

100mb Broadband

All landline calls free

1TB Tivo

Extra HD box

47 HD channels

Sky Movies (+HD)

Sky Sport (+HD)

ESPN (+HD)

BT Sport (+HD)

Sky's best package £117.25/Month - £15 installation/activation

40mb Broadband

All landline calls free

2TB Sky+

48 HD channels

Sky Movies (+HD)

Sky Sport (+HD)

BT Sport (+HD)

ESPN to be paid for extra?

Best just come to the pub for beers like a real man.

To be honest, it's hard to argue with that. The pub that's 305ft from my front door will have BT.

I packed in Sky TV about 9 months ago, I called to try and get a reduced price deal and played chicken with them and neither of us blinked so I ended up getting it diconnected.

A month ago I got a letter through the post offering me 50% off all TV for a year so I got the full package (exc. BT Sport) and I'm paying around £52 per month for all TV, phone line and broadband. Not a bad deal at all.

If anyone is thinking of getting Sky it's maybe worth haggling with them or go through Quidco, there's normally some excellent Sky deals on there http://www.quidco.com/sky-digital-tv-and-broadband/

@HF you're willing to pay £100+ pcm for services !?

If you're ever after a new window cleaner I'll come and do them for £25 .

Would I shite. I was just interested to see what it cost. I wouldn't pay £1500 a year for telly even if I was on Sholas wage.

I packed in Sky TV about 9 months ago, I called to try and get a reduced price deal and played chicken with them and neither of us blinked so I ended up getting it diconnected.

A month ago I got a letter through the post offering me 50% off all TV for a year so I got the full package (exc. BT Sport) and I'm paying around £52 per month for all TV, phone line and broadband. Not a bad deal at all.

If anyone is thinking of getting Sky it's maybe worth haggling with them or go through Quidco, there's normally some excellent Sky deals on there http://www.quidco.com/sky-digital-tv-and-broadband/

Did exactly the same. Mine comes to an end this month so at the very least I'm gonna be cutting all my packages right back, possibly doing the same dance with them again.

Having had a look the best bet for an occasional watcher like me is Now TV.

No subscription and just pay for any match I don't feel like walking the 400 yards to the pub for.

For all Sky / TV / BT prices comparisons this guide was canny.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/football-on-tv

A tenner to watch a match (and whatever else is on that day on that channel) is appalling value for money.

Just stream it if that's all you want. Now TV isn't HD either, as far as I know.

A tenner to watch a match (and whatever else is on that day on that channel) is appalling value for money.

Just stream it if that's all you want. Now TV isn't HD either, as far as I know.

Each to their own, but I would much rather pay a tenner to watch Newcastle on a quality picture on a large TV screen than watch a stream.

It's a fallacy that all streams are of an inferior picture quality, although admittedly it's not always as simple as I'd like to locate a decent stream.

However in that case, you soon pick up on what channels/sites to go on, and generally if you know where to look people can do the work for you and find you a good stream just before kick-off so all you've got to do is connect to it.

If the situation allows you could always connect your computer to your TV via a HDMI cable or whatever, too.

Plus what with the new round of deals with foreign broadcasters, should be more streams than ever despite the blocking of places like Firstrow. If you can't get to the match in person there'll almost always be a stream there for you.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

BTSport falls at the first hurdle online :lol: can't even get it to login... typical

off out to watch our thirds playing instead

It's been class for me. Non stop football with Sky Sports + BT/ESPN.

It's coming direct to the TV though, no streaming.

It's been class for me. Non stop football with Sky Sports + BT/ESPN.

It's coming direct to the TV though, no streaming.

same here, watched the Liverpool match yesterday and was perfectly happy with the coverage, couple of people seemed to be lacking practice but they'll get better, hopefully Halsey will start calling some decisions wrong.

you've to pay for the direct through the tv bit

Not if you've already got BT broadband. Watched a sky show show that went on for ages with a presenter + Jamie Redknapp in a studio with an assortment of different football fans standing around like Gimps applauding when told to, asking questions when prompted and keeping quiet the rest of the time. Who would want to go to one of these gigs? :lol: Saw at least three Sunderland fans amongst them who were that proud to wear their colours and show everyone who they supported although why they were standing around like dummies in a London studio being patronised whilst their side were playing Fulham at the same time on Wearside only they will know.

And while I'm on about Sky........

Nothing new and no doubt one or two may say 'so what?/no big deal' but who the fuck gave Sky permission to change our name? I can't remember the last time I saw any sky caption with the word 'United' on it and other than Jeff Stelling who comes from the North-East and Alan Parry who is long in the tooth as a commentator and despite being from Merseyside 'personally requests to commentate on NUFC games' (copyright RTG), then none of their presenters feel the need to say the word 'United' either. They can call Man U 'United' till the cows come home but why the need to completely omit it from everybody else? They almost grin inanely when saying it in reference to the reds like it's some sort of ITK name like some bandwagon jumpers* did with us in the nineties when saying the word 'Toon'.

*I'm talking about the nationals who ignored us totally to KK came back and I'd rather be refered to as 'United' as 'Toon Army' any day as it's our name!

Ant, I've got infinity and don't pay anything extra to get BT sport on my tv it although I think there may be a charge for the HD after a year.

Edited by Howmanheyman