Newcastle's £90m debt

Scottish Mag

Craig Bellamy most definitely did not want to leave NUFC.

78649[/snapback]

*cough*

January 2005

Bellamy refuses to play in a wide position, just as Dyer had early in the season. 'I won't apologise - I've done nothing wrong. There's no doubt about it: I'm out of here.' Quits for Celtic on loan.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football is different like, that's why Souness isn't the right person for the job in this day and age. He can't handle people who don't toe the line. I think he provoked Bellamy and Bellamy played right into to his hands. A victory for Souness, but not for the club and its fans. I don't condone Bellamy's actions, but what top footballers are saints these days?

78876[/snapback]

Sensible post Alex, exactly what I think about it, must mean you're a moron as well, mate. So join the club.

78885[/snapback]

No, no. Just you.

78887[/snapback]

Tut tut.

mo·ron

A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

Let's hope that the next time I offend someone on here it'll be acceptable to everybody.

78898[/snapback]

Sounds spot on to me. :yes

Football is different like, that's why Souness isn't the right person for the job in this day and age. He can't handle people who don't toe the line. I think he provoked Bellamy and Bellamy played right into to his hands. A victory for Souness, but not for the club and its fans. I don't condone Bellamy's actions, but what top footballers are saints these days?

78876[/snapback]

Sensible post Alex, exactly what I think about it, must mean you're a moron as well, mate. So join the club.

78885[/snapback]

No, no. Just you.

78887[/snapback]

Tut tut.

mo·ron

A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

Let's hope that the next time I offend someone on here it'll be acceptable to everybody.

78898[/snapback]

Sounds spot on to me. :yes

78950[/snapback]

Just like Souness being a good manager, and Ameobi being a replacement for Shearer both sounded spot on to you, anarl. B)

78876[/snapback]

78885[/snapback]

No, no. Just you.

78887[/snapback]

Tut tut.

mo·ron

78898[/snapback]

Sounds spot on to me. B)

78950[/snapback]

Just like Souness being a good manager, and Ameobi being a replacement for Shearer both sounded spot on to you, anarl. :P

78952[/snapback]

:yes Aye.

Craig Bellamy most definitely did not want to leave NUFC.

78649[/snapback]

*cough*

January 2005

Bellamy refuses to play in a wide position, just as Dyer had early in the season. 'I won't apologise - I've done nothing wrong. There's no doubt about it: I'm out of here.' Quits for Celtic on loan.

78944[/snapback]

as he has a clause in his contract to talk to named clubs, including Newcastle, who bid the 4.5m Blackburn paid .......

"cough"

as he has a clause in his contract to talk to named clubs, including Newcastle, who bid the 4.5m Blackburn paid .......

"cough"

78956[/snapback]

Seriously? Where did you get that from?

"cough"

78956[/snapback]

78958[/snapback]

N-O exclusive! :yes

"cough"

78956[/snapback]

78958[/snapback]

78960[/snapback]

Any press conference announced?

"cough"

78956[/snapback]

78958[/snapback]

78960[/snapback]

no it isn't, it's true though

"cough"

78956[/snapback]

78958[/snapback]

78960[/snapback]

no it isn't, it's true though

79018[/snapback]

This was reported when he signed for Blackburn in a few papers IIRC, at the very least the rumour was around then.

This was reported when he signed for Blackburn in a few papers IIRC, at the very least the rumour was around then.

79065[/snapback]

Not that I would ever question the integrity of sports journalists, but if that's true we can steal him back, at least to sell him at a decent price!

79065[/snapback]

Not that I would ever question the integrity of sports journalists, but if that's true we can steal him back, at least to sell him at a decent price!

79087[/snapback]

Souness, Shearer et al might have something to say about that mate :yes

Souness, Shearer et al might have something to say about that mate :yes

79090[/snapback]

I'm hoping one of those two problems will be solving itself after the Man City match.

MIDAS TOUCH MISSES FREDDY by Brian Reade

WHO could fail to be touched by Freddy Shepherd's assertion that Alan Shearer was "pound-for-pound the best signing Newcastle have ever made".

Let me re-phrase that. Who could fail to howl with laughter at Shepherd gatecrashing Shearer's record-breaking goal celebrations by reminding the near-suicidal Toon Army that HE was the man with the balls to write the £15million cheque. Thus making him a legend too.

Well I laughed. Especially when I worked out the "pound-for-pound" opposition Shearer is up against.

Let's examine a few of the other great signings of the Shepherd era: Albert Luque (£10.4m), Lauren Robert (£9.5 m), Duncan Ferguson (£9m), Jean Alain Boumsong (£8m), Hugo Viana (£8.5m), Carl Cort (£7m), Marcelino (£5.8m), Silvio Maric (£5m), Titus Bramble (£5m), Christian Bassedas (£4m), Stephane Guivarch (£4m), Diego Gavilan (£2m).

Then there's Craig Moore, Daniel Cordone, Clarence Acuna, Alain Goma, Didier Domi, Alessandro Pistone and Andreas Andersson.

Plus Jose Rodrigues Alves Antunes aka Fumaca, who played once, was so poor the crowd laughed at his every bad touch and had Shearer shouting to the bench: "Take him off man, he's f***ing useless."

And that's without mentioning Michael Owen (£16m), who, if he goes next summer for £12m as predicted, will be a loss of £4m, plus £5m in wages.

Nothing against Shearer, but surely "pound-for-pound" the Millennium Dome gave better value for money than the majority of Shepherd's signings.

Which may explain the club's £90m debt

MIDAS TOUCH MISSES FREDDY by Brian Reade

WHO could fail to be touched by Freddy Shepherd's assertion that Alan Shearer was "pound-for-pound the best signing Newcastle have ever made".

Let me re-phrase that. Who could fail to howl with laughter at Shepherd gatecrashing Shearer's record-breaking goal celebrations by reminding the near-suicidal Toon Army that HE was the man with the balls to write the £15million cheque. Thus making him a legend too.

Well I laughed. Especially when I worked out the "pound-for-pound" opposition Shearer is up against.

Let's examine a few of the other great signings of the Shepherd era: Albert Luque (£10.4m), Lauren Robert (£9.5 m), Duncan Ferguson (£9m), Jean Alain Boumsong (£8m), Hugo Viana (£8.5m), Carl Cort (£7m), Marcelino (£5.8m), Silvio Maric (£5m), Titus Bramble (£5m), Christian Bassedas (£4m), Stephane Guivarch (£4m), Diego Gavilan (£2m).

Then there's Craig Moore, Daniel Cordone, Clarence Acuna, Alain Goma, Didier Domi, Alessandro Pistone and Andreas Andersson.

Plus Jose Rodrigues Alves Antunes aka Fumaca, who played once, was so poor the crowd laughed at his every bad touch and had Shearer shouting to the bench: "Take him off man, he's f***ing useless."

And that's without mentioning Michael Owen (£16m), who, if he goes next summer for £12m as predicted, will be a loss of £4m, plus £5m in wages.

Nothing against Shearer, but surely "pound-for-pound" the Millennium Dome gave better value for money than the majority of Shepherd's signings.

Which may explain the club's £90m debt

79346[/snapback]

Leave Clarence out of this! :yes

79349[/snapback]

That's exactly what I thought - 500K, did a good job when given a chance and caused absolutely no bother when he was here.

Not exactly a waste of cash in my book.

79353[/snapback]

Wasn't used nearly enough in the team. Poor management from Sir Robson.

79349[/snapback]

That's exactly what I thought - 500K, did a good job when given a chance and caused absolutely no bother when he was here.

Not exactly a waste of cash in my book.

79353[/snapback]

Wasn't used nearly enough in the team. Poor management from Sir Robson.

79362[/snapback]

That's the only reason you could say he was a waste pf money, because he wasn't played enough. He never let us down when he did play and I think all the fans had a bit of time for him too.