Newcastle V Arsenal

Anorthernsoul

NUFC Stats ‏@NUFC_Stats 34s

This is NUFC’s 2nd lowest PL finish, 2nd lowest points total and MOST EVER number of losses (19) & MOST EVER goals conceded (68)!

the only way is up!

or down.

or we could stay the same

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely disgusted. Toothless gutless performance. What did we have to lose, ffs show some desire at least? Even after we went a goal down we were calmly passing it about in our own half clearly not giving a shit about the result. Only HBA as usual looked to try to makes something happen and Jonas made a couple of positive runs. Thats about it. One chance for Cisse whole game and even that was a half chance.

No movement, players just standing about lazily, no passion no desire. Pardew made positive subs at least but it just didnt matter because people on the pitch clearly didnt care two cents about what happened today. Utter rubbish.

Forget the result, you would have though after all the shit this season and now with the pressure off the team would have at least wanted to show some drive and commitment for the sake of the fans if not anything else. The balless Pardew can fuck off and he can take some of these players with him. Im already horrified of next season with this guy in charge.

What did we have to lose

What did we have to gain?

Especially compared to Arsenal who had a massive target to play for and are a better team than us frankly.

Can you tell me when he scored from that type of opportunity before? I remember him missing an even better chance against Benfica (as you also well remember.) He scored from a similar position against Arsenal away last season but he wasn't under pressure and went near post anyway.

Fulham away, Blackburn at home. Off the top of my head as same position and foot. Nevermind the amount of times he has scored from that position across his career.

He had one or two good runs second half but then was responsible for losing possession and making the wrong decisions so many times second half. Tiote also was atrocious on the ball but I think he looked physically fucked.

What did we have to gain?

Especially compared to Arsenal who had a massive target to play for and are a better team than us frankly.

Yeah Pardew said as much after the QPR game didnt he? We should be grateful if didnt end up 4-0 because clearly even that was acceptable to him. Fucking bunch of tossers.

Im not fussing about the result, to be honest I expected us to lose by more but I was sure we would give it a right go. Utterly disillusioned by the complete lack of fuck that was given today.

Walcott said he was impressed by the effort we put in. I think with Anita, Marveaux, Tiote, Jonas as the eventual second half midfield against an Arsenal chasing a CL place, there was only ever going to be one result. Anita and Marveaux are too light weight, Jonas too erratic and Tiote too shit.

Wanting players to give 100% is a expecting a big performance? I was of the opinion that should be the prerequisite for any professional footballer. I dont know maybe Im just old fashioned.

Just glad this season is over with. Absolute shambles, 9 home defeats and 19 in total isnt it? Some achievement.

With this management in charge cant expect much better next season. And I wonder how many of our 'star' players will be wanting to stay with this mesmerizing brand of football Pards has us playing.

We're not anywhere near being a unit on the pitch and it shows. Hope to Christ there's a plan this summer as things staying as is doesn't bare thinking about. The lack of an option at times or three men playing passy within 10 yards of each other near the touchline is doing my nut in. And please, in the name of Began, can we just for once, whip a Fucking set piece in the box instead of the floated pass?

As expected we lost, but at least we had a decent game and didn't get hammered.

The game was there to be won but we just weren't up to it. Too many missed opportunities, too many bad passes.

BenArfa is very good but gives up the ball too often in trying to do too much. Mbiwa looked good at right back today.

Pardew v Hughton? well Norwich ended the season with a bang and finished 11th.

Debuchy v Simpson? neither one seem to be able to put in good crosses.

Not a bad game to watch which is more than I can say for many of the others I've suffered through this season thanks to Pardieu.

Roll on next season ....... if I'm still above ground.

Sad to say but Cisse up top on his own just doesn't fucking work, he has been poor. Not all his fault as his service and support just isn't there. We need a total new outlook with formations and attacking lineup next season.

Absolutely disgusted. Toothless gutless performance. What did we have to lose, ffs show some desire at least? Even after we went a goal down we were calmly passing it about in our own half clearly not giving a shit about the result. Only HBA as usual looked to try to makes something happen and Jonas made a couple of positive runs. Thats about it. One chance for Cisse whole game and even that was a half chance.

No movement, players just standing about lazily, no passion no desire. Pardew made positive subs at least but it just didnt matter because people on the pitch clearly didnt care two cents about what happened today. Utter rubbish.

Forget the result, you would have though after all the shit this season and now with the pressure off the team would have at least wanted to show some drive and commitment for the sake of the fans if not anything else. The balless Pardew can fuck off and he can take some of these players with him. Im already horrified of next season with this guy in charge.

Did you only watch the second half or something?

Thought we were decent in the first half, without worrying their keeper too much. Certainly saw little in the first half worthy of the ire in your post.

Second half we were poor, subs weren't great, but we were a team with nothing to play for against a team with everything to play for and it showed.

Sad to say but Cisse up top on his own just doesn't fucking work, he has been poor. Not all his fault as his service and support just isn't there. We need a total new outlook with formations and attacking lineup next season.

Good thing is it's no secret that the club are aware of how how we need striking reinforcements. Should have gotten Remy or whoever in in January but it wasn't to be.

That said I've been consistently impressed by Gouffran, but he isn't the answer as a partner/alternative to Cisse.