Ashley's £1m givaway to non-players

Didn't he promise something similar a couple of years ago,and the non-playing staff ( stewards,cleaners,tea ladies etc ) were on track for the bonus when Pardew,who wasn't lined up for a bonus,rang the changes and we ended up drawing with WBA,resulting in no payout.I hope Ashley doesn't think the players will give a little/lot extra to help with this bonus.

It is a strange gesture. Chances are we will lose today resulting in a lot of staff thinking the players are a bunch of cunts. If Ashley thinks this will incentivise the players he obviously doesn't understand the mindset of a 20 something millionaire footballer

Gary Neville knocking the nail on the head saying nobody should've heard about Ashley's stunt until after the event. Let's hope the elderly tea Lady's heart doesn't give out if we're winning with minutes to go. Or let's hope he has the heart to give them a nice little bonus regardless of what the players do or don't do.

I didn understand Neville's point. Why should no one have heard about it?

I think you do understand the point, Chez.

Why the need to publicise the gesture? Just smells of 'whatta guy Mike is', saviour etc, 'Likes to give to charidee, doesn't like to talk about it'.

If it came out in the wash after a win you could say fair play to him, now he's a few people sweating on a result and he can't lose. Comes off and it pays for itself, we get beat, 'Not my fault, boys!'

I think you do understand the point, Chez.

Why the need to publicise the gesture? Just smells of 'whatta guy Mike is', saviour etc, 'Likes to give to charidee, doesn't like to talk about it'.

If it came out in the wash after a win you could say fair play to him, now he's a few people sweating on a result and he can't lose. Comes off and it pays for itself, we get beat, 'Not my fault, boys!'

It's not charity, its a performance related bonus. He gets the same 'PR' if it comes out before or after. Don't see the problem myself. Unusual perhaps but so what?

Win me 5 million and I'll pay someone else 1 million. Hmmpf.

If we win it could end up being 8 million...6 if we stay where we are....Fist nails it though, Ashley's a self regarding ballbag http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2326007/Premier-League-prize-money-table-final-game-2013-season.html

Edited by PaddockLad

Did Neville comment on Cantona demanding a huge payment to turn up for a testimonial for the survivers of the Munich air crash a few years ago.

probably not since he wasn't a pundit then

what is your point btw?

It is a strange gesture. Chances are we will lose today resulting in a lot of staff thinking the players are a bunch of cunts. If Ashley thinks this will incentivise the players he obviously doesn't understand the mindset of a 20 something millionaire footballer

This morning a lot of staff will think the players are a bunch of cunts

This morning a lot of staff will think the players are a bunch of cunts

They're the cunts for getting their hopes up in the first place. Cunt maybe harsh. They're idiots.

Edited by StevenL