2013/14 Predictions

trophyshy

How will we get on next season?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well thank FUCK that is over. What a truly pathetic load of shite it has been.

I can't imagine Pardew suddenly working his arse out from a hole in the ground, but you never know.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got to go all out in the cups given Wigan and Swansea won them this season.

Bollocks to the league - i'd take an average midtable finish if it meant we won a trophy.

So long as we can put out a team that is allowed to play without being overtly negative or hoofing it up the pitch.

There can't be any excuse for fielding a weak cup side, this coming season. We should be comfortable in the league, we're not stretched because of a European campaign, we're not going to be gunning for the top spots.

I would treat the cups as our focus, gear the players up for them, lower ticket prices to get good attendances and make damned sure PArdew (if he's still here) plays every cup game as if it's a final.

Similar feelings here, we should have 3 broad targets for next season:

1. Finish 8th or above

2. Go all out in the domestic ups

3. Do the double over the mackems

Would be happy enough with that.

What I want and what I expect are fairly dissimilar. I want a trophy and a decent top-half finish. I expect no trophies and a disappointing mid-table finish.

Also looking foward to seeing more of Anita, there's definetely a player in there somewhere!

For the club's sake I do hope you're right. I've watched almost every game this season and I just don't see what you are seeing in Anita. So far, midfielders like him are a dime a dozen. You can find many like him all over the world.

For the club's sake I do hope you're right. I've watched almost every game this season and I just don't see what you are seeing in Anita. So far, midfielders like him are a dime a dozen. You can find many like him all over the world.

Just hasnt had the chance to show what he's got, or adjust himself into the side. I know he's played a few games but he was thrown into the mix when the games were coming thick and fast and with other inexperienced players alongside him. Dont judge him on that.

Not saying he will be a world beater, but I think he's good on the ball, has a nice touch, a decent passer for some reason it seems to me he's got more abilities going forward than he's been able to show for us so far. I wish he would stop all the sideways passing and try to link up with the attack a bit more but then that may have to do with the tactics we've been employing.

Just hope he gets the chance in a more settled side next season.

I said we'd come between 12th and 16th, said we'd come top 6 the season before, and I think we'll come 6th again next season based on absolutely fuck all.