2013/14 Predictions

trophyshy

How will we get on next season?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mid table shite for me. Thoroughly uninspired by the noises from the club. Expect to lose some players and replace with a likely minimal net spend. No Europe will take pressure off to increase squad size. In fact if we lost say Cabaye then they will not replace him (have anita). Might even sell Cabaye to fund a centre half to replace Colo. Meh.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hate saying it, but shiter than that for me. I was also calling everyone for bedwetting about relegation this year , so I'm optimistic too. I predict next year to be one of the toughest yet , I reckon we'll lose another couple of first teamers (if anyone wants them) and don't expect any established signings, just more of the same bargain bucket gambles , with silly release clauses.

Top 3 of Chelsea Man City and Arsenal. Bottom 3 Palace Stoke Everton. Managers sacked during season. Di Canio Pardew Moyes and Martinez (not an exhaustive list)

Agree with Moyes and Martinez - all the hype about to explode around them. :lol:

After reading Keegan's comments about Ashley and co, its just hard to gather any sort of confidence about the upcoming seasons despite the fact I like our starting eleven,

Sorry for continually bumping the thread - is there a link or way of seeing this if I missed it? It's my personal ambition to listen to every single soundbite that comes from Kev's mouth.

• 2 months later...

Why would we do any better than last season? Bearing in mind we have less players than we had last season and our form/performances seem no better than the second half of last season. I'll be surprised if we don't get relegated, with an outside hope of just outside the relegation places if we're lucky.

6 teams competing for the league/euro places, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal.

The rest making up the numbers, trying to avoid relegation or happy to be mid table etc

Will be one surprise team that'll push there way into the top 6 for a while, wish it was us but can't see it. Finish around 12th -14th

It will come down to injuries. With that in mind I'd say we'll be comfortably in the top 6 or 7 of the bottom 6 or 7 teams in the league.

This thread makes for depressing reading. We used to be one of the more optimistic set of supporters out there. Ashley has worn us all down; we're resigned to our place as also rans.