Rob Elliot

Anorthernsoul

Thoughts on this lads future at the club?

It has been a tough season for him to come into the team with such a shambolic back line in front of him. He's showed glimpses of what he can do and I think he could turn into a good keeper for us over the next couple of years. Obviously Krul is number 1 though.

happy with him as a backup, think he knows thats his role too which is important for a number 2 keeper cause they usually get so few games.

Looks like he's just won the pools when he plays for us. Also does look a bit nervous too but he's done ok as a stand in.

Like Obertan, I think he is a Pardew signing rather than signed from a scouts recommendation.

He can throw the ball further than a lot of keepers can kick it. Sometimes he looks really good, others he looks like a rabbit in the headlights. Happy enough with him as a backup though, it's not like we're going to attract good players to sit on our bench.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's be fair, hes come into a team that's been decimated through the middle - although he's had some rough matches he really has been under far too much sustained pressure. I'm quite impressed with him to be honest, and think Keepers don't really seem to mature until their mid to late 20's anyway.

Krul is top class, potentially world class. Elliot's never going to better than him. Like someone said he's good back up though and may come in handy when one of the big boys come calling for Krul :(

I would hate to think one of the big boys come a calling for Krull this summer and Elliot starts the season as our number 1.I would have no objections if Harper started as our number 1 keeper for the coming season.Certainly in preference to Elliot in the short term.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

I would hate to think one of the big boys come a calling for Krull this summer and Elliot starts the season as our number 1.I would have no objections if Harper started as our number 1 keeper for the coming season.Certainly in preference to Elliot in the short term.

:unsure2:

• 2 years later...

As they say 18 months is a long time in football.Krul was WAS a good keeper and Elliot was rank average at best.Krul was mostly shite last season.As last season went on,and into this season,Krul was the weak link in our defence.We all know Krul's tactic when free kicks are humped into the box.You were all in denial even though the evidence was hitting you in the face but Timmy has had a love-in on here with a number of blinkered posters.Both Elliot and Krul have always played behind shit defences but that has always been an excuse for Krul's shit form but not for Elliot's shit form in the past.Krul should have been shifted in the summer.When he gets over his current injury we will be a poorer team if he gets his place back on name only.One more point.That save at the back post would not have been made by Krul because he would have had a look at the situation,quickly realised he could get hurt,and then decided ' not for me thanks' and stayed well away from the action.You know it ,I know it,I say it,you don't.

As they say 18 months is a long time in football.Krul was WAS a good keeper and Elliot was rank average at best.Krul was mostly shite last season.As last season went on,and into this season,Krul was the weak link in our defence.We all know Krul's tactic when free kicks are humped into the box.You were all in denial even though the evidence was hitting you in the face but Timmy has had a love-in on here with a number of blinkered posters.Both Elliot and Krul have always played behind shit defences but that has always been an excuse for Krul's shit form but not for Elliot's shit form in the past.Krul should have been shifted in the summer.When he gets over his current injury we will be a poorer team if he gets his place back on name only.One more point.That save at the back post would not have been made by Krul because he would have had a look at the situation,quickly realised he could get hurt,and then decided ' not for me thanks' and stayed well away from the action.You know it ,I know it,I say it,you don't.

:lol:

_52732627_011983645-1.jpg

487994463-newcastle-united-keeper-tim-kr

I could go on...

I see Shola was playing in both games.I take it you haven't witnessed or found evidence of Krul coming out and punching or catching a ball in the 8 games he's played this season.Were the photos taken in the opposition penalty box

But he's a coward.. who doesn't come for crosses... you said that, right? you said he's a coward who doesn't come for crosses. Well if that's true, there's a nefarious photoshop using miscreant out there, doctoring photos to show Tim Krul coming for crosses!