Soldier killed

Anorthernsoul

fucking scum they should be given the death sentence.

Could not give a fuck if white black brown green muslim catholic or fucking what

anyone who tries to justify their actions want to think what isitwas your son brother father you are as low as them.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, they've just been sufficiently indoctrinated into a bastardised version of a religion to have them truly believing they're doing something reasonable.

Shipman? Psychopath

These lot? Religious Fundamentalists

Take away the religious side of their lives and I don't believe for a second they'd commit such an atrocity. I don't buy that this is their reaction to crimes committed on the other side of the planet. This is some stupid kids that've bought into a cult-ish version of Islam. These kids who are the same as the drones used by the Armed forces of the West. Those "piloting" them (for the want of a better phrase) couldn't give a toss about the device that commits the act, or the innocents caught up in it, it's just a means to an end.

Before any religious fundamentalism or political partiality or racial bigotry or whatever, they are inhumane, unwell people. It takes a particular personality profile to be able to justify that act, the utter apathy in such a form of brutality. I really do believe that psychologically, you must be abnormal to be able to do that. Any cause that is cried for whilst the act is being committed is merely a kind of means to an end product that was always there in their mental (in)stability. I'm not dismissing socio, economic, political, and religious history entirely as an influencing factor, I just perceive that the spark is in the person themselves, and not in any manifesto, religious text or doctrine, which creates the potential for such an atrocity.

Saw an interview with the chap who's head of Muslim Action Network yesterday http://www.aman-asia.org/ who said because these two had targeted someone specifically from a military background (as opposed to a bus/plane full of random folk) the act will have become "legitimised" in the eyes of anyone out there inclined to follow suit and from his perspective 'on the street' as an everyday mediator/educator "that is really worrying"

Edited by LoveTheBobby

Before any religious fundamentalism or political partiality or racial bigotry or whatever, they are inhumane, unwell people. It takes a particular personality profile to be able to justify that act, the utter apathy in such a form of brutality. I really do believe that psychologically, you must be abnormal to be able to do that. Any cause that is cried for whilst the act is being committed is merely a kind of means to an end product that was always there in their mental (in)stability. I'm not dismissing socio, economic, political, and religious history entirely as an influencing factor, I just perceive that the spark is in the person themselves, and not in any manifesto, religious text or doctrine, which creates the potential for such an atrocity.

Don't think I could disagree more. They're likely to have been normal kids, radicalised to millitant Islam imo.

Don't think I could disagree more. They're likely to have been normal kids, radicalised to millitant Islam imo.

Why do you think that? (Please remove the dry, sarcastic tone of that question - it wasn't intended)

If you remove the perceived cause, the abjection in that act suggests to me that they are mentally unwell people - Indoctrinated into militant Islam or not. That someone can justify that act in any way shows such a leap of imagination, faith and apathy that I can only base that leap as coming from, or going towards, insanity. I also think that the term 'militant Islam' is a suspect one, as I'm not entirely sure where the cross over is, in this discussion, between islamism, 'militant islamism', ardent Sharia, the concept of revenge, and their suspect sanity. I think that by saying the likelihood that they would have been normal adults from normal kids, had they not been exposed to islam in the way that they were, and the consequential 'bastardisation' of an interpretation of a text, completely undermines individual will. And of course, the immediate answer to that is that many religions undermine and dismiss the individual as a free choosing human, but paratext and context aside, to do that to another human is so horrific that I cannot see how an interpretation of doctrine can afford you the rationality of that act. One of the blokes converted to islamism when he was 21 anyways, after a christian upbringing. That to me adds weight to the claim that his actions, and the clambering to justify them, were both done by a free willing, unwell person.

This is some stupid kids that've bought into a cult-ish version of Islam. These kids who are the same as the drones used by the Armed forces of the West.

I didn't say before but I do agree with that, although I would use the term vulnerable or mentally insecure instead of stupid.

Anyone is capable of acts like that given the right circumstances and mindset. Plenty of studies have shown people are happy to murder and torture due to peer pressure and being told it is acceptable behaviour unfortunately. Dont kid yourselves

Anyone is capable of acts like that given the right circumstances and mindset. Plenty of studies have shown people are happy to murder and torture due to peer pressure and being told it is acceptable behaviour unfortunately. Dont kid yourselves

Aye, the Milgram experiments and Stanford prison experiment make quite disturbing reading.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 3 h

Newcastle is a great city; friendly, open and diverse. The EDL's march there today is about intolerance and exploitation. Disgusting.

Dan Jordan Dan Jordan ‏@danjordan88 2 h

@CaulkinTheTimes people like you that make this country the embarrassment it is today! At least some people are trying to do something

George Caulkin George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 2 h

@danjordan88 yes, they're spreading hate based on ignorance. What I'm doing is rejecting it.

Artekkers Artekkers ‏@Artekkers 1 h

@CaulkinTheTimes @danjordan88 dan, your profile picture is Ben Arfa, a Muslim

Caulkins really taking it to them, shame that so many "supporting" the EDL march don't even know why they're marching.

someones genuinely asked Caulkin if he supports the killing in woolwich

Why do you think that? (Please remove the dry, sarcastic tone of that question - it wasn't intended)

If you remove the perceived cause, the abjection in that act suggests to me that they are mentally unwell people - Indoctrinated into militant Islam or not. That someone can justify that act in any way shows such a leap of imagination, faith and apathy that I can only base that leap as coming from, or going towards, insanity. I also think that the term 'militant Islam' is a suspect one, as I'm not entirely sure where the cross over is, in this discussion, between islamism, 'militant islamism', ardent Sharia, the concept of revenge, and their suspect sanity. I think that by saying the likelihood that they would have been normal adults from normal kids, had they not been exposed to islam in the way that they were, and the consequential 'bastardisation' of an interpretation of a text, completely undermines individual will. And of course, the immediate answer to that is that many religions undermine and dismiss the individual as a free choosing human, but paratext and context aside, to do that to another human is so horrific that I cannot see how an interpretation of doctrine can afford you the rationality of that act. One of the blokes converted to islamism when he was 21 anyways, after a christian upbringing. That to me adds weight to the claim that his actions, and the clambering to justify them, were both done by a free willing, unwell person.

I didn't say before but I do agree with that, although I would use the term vulnerable or mentally insecure instead of stupid.

Don't have time to respond properly, but basically the fact they had 'normal' childhood biographies and what J69 said.

Why are the EDL waving Northern Ireland flags at the beginning of that?

Because the far right in England and Loyalists have a lot in common. Also that's why you'll find a significant amount of Rangers fans favour England over Scotland. Was out in cosmopolitan Bournemouth earlier where there was a party atmosphere around the Thai festival being held in the town square....however, I live in neighbouring Poole, where middle aged men with no necks and red faces were handing out BNP flyers, suddenly emboldened, this week. The mosque at the top of our road has been attacked too. Bournemouth is 4 miles away. Might as well be the other side of the moon.

The Milgram and Stanford experiments have been widely rubbished as being completely unscientific.

OK, how many "normal" people in Nazi Germany committed despicable acts? (Since you're a historian).

Point is (re: ADP) is that it's much more comfortable to imagine these guys were genetically or environmentally (in childhood) conditoned to be psychopaths. There's simply no evidence this is true.

'I often wonder how the Nazi's managed to recruit so many hate filled monsters to carry out their horrible deeds.

Then I look at any tabloid online comments section and realise 'Oh no, there's SWARMS of them'.'

(from Frank Skinner's radio musings)

I called Luke Edwards a Mackem Arsehole yesterday for bringing up that fucking derby horse again. He completely missed the point of my tweet and took me for an EDL sympathiser. He really is a Mackem arsehole

I called Luke Edwards a Mackem Arsehole yesterday for bringing up that fucking derby horse again. He completely missed the point of my tweet and took me for an EDL sympathiser. He really is a Mackem arsehole

FFS what a turd ! How did he manage to do the maths on that one !?

Can only assume youve got a NU ref in your profile or whatever, and he's made a stellar (or maybe Stella) jump said that in the light of there being that march on Saturday ? Shocking craic in terms of being a big bairn and/or rediculous mackem if so .

OK, how many "normal" people in Nazi Germany committed despicable acts? (Since you're a historian).

Point is (re: ADP) is that it's much more comfortable to imagine these guys were genetically or environmentally (in childhood) conditoned to be psychopaths. There's simply no evidence this is true.

I didn't say it wasn't the case just that Milgram and Stanford were shit.

Nazi Germany is a much better example.

FFS what a turd ! How did he manage to do the maths on that one !?

Can only assume youve got a NU ref in your profile or whatever, and he's made a stellar (or maybe Stella) jump said that in the light of there being that march on Saturday ? Shocking craic in terms of being a big bairn and/or rediculous mackem if so .

Tbf he was talking about the horse taking retribution by hoping it kicked an EDL supporter so there was a link. I asked him how it was retribution unless the fan that punched him was in the EDL. He didn't reply

Had the bike in town yesterday via the coast and Consett, had a look at both protests, fuck me what a set of mongs. The EDL one fuck me, absolute low life people, you shouldn't judge people on looks but the average person there was Yorkshire 19st bald and poorly dressed.

BLHRgxUCMAExTae.jpg

this was the anti facist one, 300 police separated them from the EDL who were in the Bigg Market. Some bloke was shouting here's all the fucking traitors offering people on for fights till the OB told him to pipe down.

BLHU9pgCQAE6WMx.jpg

This was the EDL one, state of the cunts man, from all over the country as well.

BLHT-StCAAAlpk0.jpg

No pic I've ever taken has made me laugh more, like a modern day fat Sid the Sexist, even had the accompanying tab in mouth.