Soldier killed

Anorthernsoul

Err yeah, because the way we carved up Africa along with the rest of the colonisers has in no way contributed to some of the problems it has.

I have no idea if that was an influencing factor in this horrible, unjust crime but let's face it, this country has been conquering, pillaging and policing the rest of the world for centuries. Due to the fact we're quite good at it there are basically no "just" ways that anybody can inflict what they see as adequate revenge/justice on Britain if they are motivated to do so.

After the Boston bombings someone on here expressed incredulity that Americans could be so naive as to wonder why anyone would target them. Well this country has just as much if not more blood on its hands and while that's not my fault, or your fault, or this poor soldier's fault, there are plenty of people out there who don't give a shit.

the bad old British Empire. Go on, give me laugh and give us your solution to how everybody can live happily ever after in peace and harmony

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bad old British Empire. Go on, give me laugh and give us your solution to how everybody can live happily ever after in peace and harmony

Not invading half the globe and subjugating millions might've been a start, like. Shit like that tends to upset people.

Not invading half the globe and subjugating millions might've been a start, like. Shit like that tends to upset people.

Aye, but we had a flag?

Look into what the Pentagon think causes this sort of violence...

rumsfeld2.png

rumsfeld3.png

http://www.salon.com/2009/10/20/terrorism_6/

What former CIA folk think...

I guess we just haven't given up enough freedom for them to stop hating us. We really should give up even more.

Or, instead, we could try invading, occupying and droning Muslim countries a little less, and see if that helps. Maybe prop up fewer corrupt and tyrannical Muslim regimes.

Nah. Islamic violence against America has nothing to do with any of that. It's all hatred of our freedoms, or something innate to Islam, or it's just that violence is what fundamentalists do. I mean, people never react violently to violence. After all, look how calmly and rationally America responded to 9/11.

http://barryeisler.blogspot.com.br/2013/05/dont-worry-us-imperialism-is-cost-free.html

Or what British former military think...

"it should by now be self-evident that by attacking Muslims overseas, you will occasionally spawn twisted and, as we saw yesterday, even murderous hatred at home"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/23/woolwich-attack-british-foreign-policy-role

Look into what the Pentagon think causes this sort of violence...

rumsfeld2.png

rumsfeld3.png

http://www.salon.com...20/terrorism_6/

What former CIA folk think...

http://barryeisler.b...-cost-free.html

Or what British former military think...

http://www.guardian....ign-policy-role

The more freedom we give them to bring their way of life here the more they want. Simple as. The bad old British Empire has fuck all to do with it. There is a lot of idiots talking crap in this thread. Anything less than a life sentence will only encourage others to do again what happened last week. A soldier killed in such a fashion on the streets of Britain ? Incredible that the warning signs are being glossed over.

The more freedom we give them to bring their way of life here the more they want. Simple as. The bad old British Empire has fuck all to do with it. There is a lot of idiots talking crap in this thread. Anything less than a life sentence will only encourage others to do again what happened last week. A soldier killed in such a fashion on the streets of Britain ? Incredible that the warning signs are being glossed over.

We are not talking historic invasions or sloshing fuzzy wuzzys with Martinis. They are talking about ongoing actions here. Also you seem to be confusing explaining possible motivations with excusing these actions.

Not following your logic old bean. Are you're saying that hacking heads off is a "way of life" somewhere? That once you allow a mosque to be built you're asking for it to happen?

Trying to work out if it's really worth the effort of explaining what my post actually meant to thickasmincepie (it wasn't that the Empire is responsible for the decapitation of a soldier in 2013) but what's the fucking point?

Trying to work out if it's really worth the effort of explaining what my post actually meant to thickasmincepie (it wasn't that the Empire is responsible for the decapitation of a soldier in 2013) but what's the fucking point?

I asked for your solution. Is that too taxing for you dickbrain.

You're a muppet.

Do you think there is a problem or not ? It seems to me there are people on here who think what happened last week is justifiable and can be simply explained away as the fault of ourselves. Strange cunts.

What really worries me about the aftermath of this is the potential hate and jumping on bandwagon of both scales of extremist views here. The far right (who I despise by the way, I'll nail my colours to this mast early doors) are now using this incident to recruit and put forward their pretty bigoted and nonsensical views. You know, that whole boring 'send the buggers back' shite they peddle. I like to play bullshit bingo with it, I usually get house by the 'our borders are an open door' shit. We're also going to get the knackers who are now either going to turn to Islamic extremism as a reaction to this or now act on it. Again, bell ends.

What I would have liked to have seen, and I know it's difficult as they are grieving, but I think the family need to come out and release a statement asking the EDL to politely fuck off and keep the politics out of the incident. There was a march organised by the British Legion for the lad last week and it was taken over by wankers from the EDL with their flags and predictably boring renditions of God Save the Queen ad nasuem. Really glad Help for Heros told them to do one anyway, it's a start.

By the way, I am proud of where I come from, and I have no problem with the EDL having a political voice if they want one despite me agreeing with none of it. Both sides preach hatred though, so what I'm trying to say is, they can both fuck off.

What really worries me about the aftermath of this is the potential hate and jumping on bandwagon of both scales of extremist views here. The far right (who I despise by the way, I'll nail my colours to this mast early doors) are now using this incident to recruit and put forward their pretty bigoted and nonsensical views. You know, that whole boring 'send the buggers back' shite they peddle. I like to play bullshit bingo with it, I usually get house by the 'our borders are an open door' shit. We're also going to get the knackers who are now either going to turn to Islamic extremism as a reaction to this or now act on it. Again, bell ends.

What I would have liked to have seen, and I know it's difficult as they are grieving, but I think the family need to come out and release a statement asking the EDL to politely fuck off and keep the politics out of the incident. There was a march organised by the British Legion for the lad last week and it was taken over by wankers from the EDL with their flags and predictably boring renditions of God Save the Queen ad nasuem. Really glad Help for Heros told them to do one anyway, it's a start.

By the way, I am proud of where I come from, and I have no problem with the EDL having a political voice if they want one despite me agreeing with none of it. Both sides preach hatred though, so what I'm trying to say is, they can both fuck off.

Some good points. Especially the point about the Family. We have a problem though with this happening in broad daylight on a street in Britain, symptomatic of an increasing lack.of respect from these mongs for British law and social values, and it is bound to be used for political purposes. At least someone has sense on here rather than come across as being pro Islamist and sympathising with those that are opposed to the UK talking about the old Empire and similar crap.