Stupidest thing you did growing up

Happy Face

This morning I was reminiscing about being 10 year old, getting hold of a can of hairspray and a lighter, going behind boots (full of rubbish...mostly very dry cardboard boxes) and playing flame-throwers. We also covered our arms in the stuff and set them alight to mimic our favourite stunt stars.

Anyone else a fucking daftee when they were little?

Telling our mams we were sleeping over at a mates when instead we'd stay out all night drinking cider on the streets then going 'milking', pinching milk delivered to other people's houses for breakfast.

The odd bit of vandalism - tagging etc. 'literally' all a bit childish on reflection.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Aye, can you remember action jacks? These little soldiers that fell apart when you pulled their head out. Anyway, I pushed one inside a bottle of cordial and tried to stab him with a tatty knife. No idea why but there you go. Anyway I went straight through the bottle and through my hand that was on the other side. I remember clearly fucking shitting myself as blood squirted from my palm a good few inches up and wrapping a tea towel around it. Still got the scar.

Another was playing cars with my younger next door neighbour. I decided the cars needed crash damage so dropped a house brick from head height. Wasnt my fault his hand was in the way :lol:

We also used to fire rockets at each other, hold the stick, light, point, piss yourself laughing.

Taking acid then trying to go food shopping :lol:

Trying to be clever drinking 1/4 bottle whiskey and smoking a joint. Then sitting outside on a saturday afternoon with grannies walking past as I had the biggest whitey known to man.

Hiding in a presto box that my brother used for playing darts against, before he played a game of darts. I had my hands on the outside (wtf!) and managed to get a dart full force in the thumb.

Fixing them fucking stupid butterfly nuts to my front wheels on my bmx. After messing around they loosened (unknown to me) and I done a small jump, seen my front wheel veer off to one side and me land in a tangled mess face first. Yep, still got that scar (on my chin) as well.

and so on...

Taking acid as a kid was belter. Roaming the streets in hysterics. It's designed for innocent young minds. Wouldn't touch the stuff if you paid me these days.

Climbing in dangerous circumstances.

Setting a hut on fire.

jumping out of derelict building upstairs windows onto old mattresses.

Avoiding gluesniffers to have a game of football.

Playing chicken with my mates by knocking on strangers doors and asking if I could use their bog 'for a shite'.

Getting chased off the 'Watchie' and his alsation round derelict houses getting renovated by the council.

Off the top of my head those, they'll be a load more but I've stuff to do in the house and I'm getting 'the look' off my missus.

I bombed down a steep hill on my mates bike when I was a kid, not knowing it had no brakes. Mounted the kerb at the bottom and went straight into a tree. Still got a deep scar under my chin. Doesn't really count I suppose as it wasn't intentional! I had more scabs than skin for weeks after that

Taking acid as a kid was belter. Roaming the streets in hysterics. It's designed for innocent young minds. Wouldn't touch the stuff if you paid me these days.

No chance. I think I'd turn into a quivering wreck now.

We went through a phase of setting fire to stuff when I was a kid. Once we set a little fire and it got out of control and a whole row of hedge went up. We did what any sensible young lad would do and ran as quickly as possible away from the scene.

We also used to have a local shop (gone now) owned by a very elderly gentleman. All of the Jazz mags were on one of those revolving stands by the door so someone would go in and ask for something that aforementioned old man had to turn his back for and...hey presto...we had Razzle and Big Jugs monthly to keep us entertained for a while.

The most retarded thing I ever did was build a zip wire between two trees and I tested it out.

Zipped straight in to a rather large oak tree.

But add to the list:

• setting off rockets vertically along Hollywood Avenue
  • setting off airbomb repeater 8s in the toilets of the six form block
  • about 15 of us playing follow the leader on bikes which basically meant mashing up peoples lawns and fences (wherever the leader went), number 15 got caught by one disgruntled home owner who basically kept him against his will in his car
  • I swallowed a 50p piece (when they were the size of a fist) - had it in my mouth (whilst playing football) cos I didn't have any pockets
  • Smashed my sisters front teeth out with a plastic machine gun

I could go on.

Edited by donaldstott

tide cutoff antics and near drownings.

Remarkable to think back at how scared I was to get my shoes wet in a few inches of water and would just watch the tide coming in more and more around me...so in the end i'd have to wade through waist deep waves as the light faded.

Too many things to list all.

Stuck paper up nose.

Ate xmas decorations.

Seallowed tiddlywink.

Stitches in knee.

Stitches in face.

Knocked over.

Caught organising shoplifting gang at school.

Slashed tyres of opposing basketball team after defeat.

Threw bricks at police during miners strike.

Mixed with wrong crowd at football matches in the 80s.

Joined the army.

Mixed with wrong crowd in the army.

Got in the wrong car on 25th November 1988.

Drugs in the 90s

After that I wasn't a kid.

Thinking it would be funny launching screamer fireworks from a metal tube at our back door. Forgetting that the tube was completely hollow. Said screamerer s fell straight through the tube into the living room. My mother still mentions the scortch marks on her carpet to this day :o

When I was 7 I went on holiday with me parents and sister to Paphos. We made loads of pals my age to her age 16 at the time, and this one night we were all round the arcade games by the pool. This Lebonese kid about 11 or 12 was making a din behind us fully clothed so I pushed him in the pool. "I keel you, I keel you, I keel you...." Anyway the older lads stopped him from battering me, but he came back the next morning with a knife, I ran like fuck, luckily me fatha was there, and this little cunt stabbed me dad in the arm, wasn't a deep cut, but eventually the Cypriot OB got involved. Thank fuck that was their last day on the holiday looking back, fuckin mental those Arabs.

Edited by McFaul

When I was 7 I went on holiday with me parents and sister to Paphos. We made loads of pals my age to her age 16 at the time, and this one night we were all round the arcade games by the pool. This Lebonese kid about 11 or 12 was making a din behind us fully clothed so I pushed him in the pool. "I keel you, I keel you, I keel you...." Anyway the older lads stopped him from battering me, but he came back the next morning with a knife, I ran like fuck, luckily me fatha was there, and this little cunt stabbed me dad in the arm, wasn't a deep cut, but eventually the Cypriot OB got involved. Thank fuck that was their last day on the holiday looking back, fuckin mental those Arabs.

It's like the middle East encapsulated in two young boys.

Typical western belligerent like. Starts the violence and complains about reprisals.

;)