Stupidest thing you did growing up

Happy Face

Done a lot of the things mentioned here. For instance, remember a friend bought over some mental mini-rockets from France. They were deadly, they flew in random directions before a small portion of TNT violently exploded. For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to attach a needle to the front and launch it from an aimed and handheld tent pole. The flames went down the tube and essentially ignited me, fortunately I was put out by friends before I got third degree burns.

Growing up in tynemouth in the 70s and 80s though, I was always climbing in the ruins of tynemouth priory. Often we climbed the upper battlements, tricky climbs, and one slip meant a 60 foot fall onto concrete and near certain death. You can't do this any more as there are proper security measures preventing you. No way would I attempt these climbs as an adult now unless I was roped up, I shudder to think now what I did as a young teenager.

Most kids, at least in the 70s and 80s, were almost fearless. Knowing this as a parent scares the shit out of me, it really does.

Stole a dumper truck and took it to the nearest field, put it on full lock and jammed the excelerator with a piece of wood so it was going around in circles and then waited from afar as the coppers tried to jump on it and stop it. :lol:

Stole a dumper truck and took it to the nearest field, put it on full lock and jammed the excelerator with a piece of wood so it was going around in circles and then waited from afar as the coppers tried to jump on it and stop it. :lol:

I'll see your dumper and raise you a combine harvester :lol:

Thread winner :lol:

I once shot my mate with a water pistol, got it right in his eyes and then watched as he stumbled straight into a tree which gave him a concussion. I could have easily stopped it like but it was funny as fuck. I'll try and think of more later but I have a dint in my head from where I smacked my face off a gritbox whilst on a skateboard.

Yea I did something stupid when I was young well two no 3 actually one time I sneaked out in the early hours and with my two brothers and we nicked some chocolate that was in a van. 2 I hated my next door neighbor so I started throwing eggs in his drive way lol cops got involved but no charges were made. 3 I ended up breaking my arm in my dads jeep pretending I was driving and got my arm trapped between gate and car door ouch.

I once shot my mate with a water pistol, got it right in his eyes and then watched as he stumbled straight into a tree which gave him a concussion. I could have easily stopped it like but it was funny as fuck. I'll try and think of more later but I have a dint in my head from where I smacked my face off a gritbox whilst on a skateboard.

The reverse of that was my mate hitting me in the mouth with a cricket bat - we were playing in the back lane and I was fielding at something akin to silly mid off and he came out to hit a short ball and caught me in the mouth - amazing only splitting my lip. It remains my only occurrence of stitches and my only scar which I've always thought makes me sound like I had a wimp's childhood which I don't think I did. Even worse was it happened on the Friday we broke up for the summer holidays and my Mam made me stay in for two weeks.

Yea I did something stupid when I was young well two no 3 actually one time I sneaked out in the early hours and with my two brothers and we nicked some chocolate that was in a van. 2 I hated my next door neighbor so I started throwing eggs in his drive way lol cops got involved but no charges were made. 3 I ended up breaking my arm in my dads jeep pretending I was driving and got my arm trapped between gate and car door ouch.

Was that YOU with the eggs !? whyioughta *shakes fist*

I broke my arm falling off a kerb on my bike, if that wasn't stupid enough a week or so later I decided to cross the river Swale by jumping rock to rock. Fell in and had to spend three hours in catterick garrison hospital getting it removed and reset.

I grew up on a new build estate, in their infinite wisdom the builders left a silo of diesel unsecured. Cue lots of very ferocious fires. I remember putting a deodorant canister in the fire. I hid behind a tree but had left my coat hanging on a branch. Difficult to explain to my mam why there was a burn hole the size of a ten pence piece in my new coat, from the flying molten shrapnel.

Glued somebodies eyelid together with a glue gun.

Doesn't that glue come out at some ridiculously hot temperature? You need the 'psychotic torture I inflicted on others as a kid' thread I think :lol:

I've done something even more stupid than my last story tbh, so stupid if I told the tale my screen name would automatically be changed to stupid. Only Chez and one or two others could relate to it.

Fuck it, I'll tell the tale but don't think badly of me. I was young and extremely daft. One of my pals was in a band, and was playing at The Rock Garden Cafe in London, so loads of us got the bus down, probably 40 people on the bus to watch him. The RGC has like a night club bit. What worked out nicely was, I had a ticket for Chelsea away so the bus got there at 2pm, and I had an hour to get to Stamford Bridge. We lost the game 1-0 but were mint, SBR first away game as manager.

Anyway, met back up with the lads and lasses about 8pm in the RGC when the gig was about to start. Was mortal by this stage, anyway got to 10 gig finished and the place opened up to like a club style place. A good number of us were discussing the fact we wanted to some charlie, so fuckin muggins here agrees to leave the club and go looking for charlie on the streets around Covent Garden. I was so drunk I was asking every black bloke around. Anyway I gets surrounded by 10 dodgy looking black blokes, beside the cash point, so I freaked out, one of them went "you're scarin 'in man", so I found a gap and I was away. So I asked this older fella again he was black, he said he couldn't get me any charlie, but he had a crack pipe and if I gave him a 5a I could have a few blasts.

This seems like a horrific tale looking back, but you have to remember I was 21, a lunatic, and gagging for some class A's, plus I was mortal. Anyway, I had a few blasts of the crack, fuck me I know this is the trampiest story ever, but I've done loads of drugs, that was the best high ever. I got back to the club and instead of coming down after 15 mins, I was still pretty high when we got back on the bus at 2am to gan yem. Anyway, it was the first and last time but fuck me what a hit, trampiest thing I've ever done, and I could've got meself killed quite easily asking rogues for charlie then settling for crack.

Fuck it, I'll tell the tale but don't think badly of me. I was young and extremely daft. One of my pals was in a band, and was playing at The Rock Garden Cafe in London, so loads of us got the bus down, probably 40 people on the bus to watch him. The RGC has like a night club bit. What worked out nicely was, I had a ticket for Chelsea away so the bus got there at 2pm, and I had an hour to get to Stamford Bridge. We lost the game 1-0 but were mint, SBR first away game as manager.

Anyway, met back up with the lads and lasses about 8pm in the RGC when the gig was about to start. Was mortal by this stage, anyway got to 10 gig finished and the place opened up to like a club style place. A good number of us were discussing the fact we wanted to some charlie, so fuckin muggins here agrees to leave the club and go looking for charlie on the streets around Covent Garden. I was so drunk I was asking every black bloke around. Anyway I gets surrounded by 10 dodgy looking black blokes, beside the cash point, so I freaked out, one of them went "you're scarin 'in man", so I found a gap and I was away. So I asked this older fella again he was black, he said he couldn't get me any charlie, but he had a crack pipe and if I gave him a 5a I could have a few blasts.

This seems like a horrific tale looking back, but you have to remember I was 21, a lunatic, and gagging for some class A's, plus I was mortal. Anyway, I had a few blasts of the crack, fuck me I know this is the trampiest story ever, but I've done loads of drugs, that was the best high ever. I got back to the club and instead of coming down after 15 mins, I was still pretty high when we got back on the bus at 2am to gan yem. Anyway, it was the first and last time but fuck me what a hit, trampiest thing I've ever done, and I could've got meself killed quite easily asking rogues for charlie then settling for crack.

A couple of my mates scored some crack at 6am on cold harbour lane after a night raving on the beans. All time low. Glad I wasn't out that night