Deal or no Deal

peasepud

No deal.

Next boxes £75k and then £750. If this ones a low un then who knows what'll be offered?

78312[/snapback]

:):)

78313[/snapback]

:)

and it was a fiver!

third deal is £16k, I reckon he'll take it.

No deal.

Next boxes £75k and then £750. If this ones a low un then who knows what'll be offered?

78312[/snapback]

:):)

78313[/snapback]

:)

and it was a fiver!

third deal is £16k, I reckon he'll take it.

78316[/snapback]

*and she waits with bated breath........* :)

I both love and hate Deal or No Deal at the same time.

The UK version sucks compared to the Aussie version.... although I could never stand the guy that presented that one. But him vs Noel???? It's hard to choose who I'd shoot first......

The UK version got rid of all my fave parts of the version I was used to...

1. the random selection from the audience of who's going to play... first picking a block of seats (the people who hold the boxes), then a row, then a seat number (for the person to play).... it was fun trying to guess which numbers were gonna come up for that... very cool when I would get all 3 right. because my life is empty enough for stuff like that to please me.

2. the people with the boxes (or cases, as it were) had to guess what they thought they had in their case.... if they guessed the right amount, they won $1000. you could really clock up the (albeit fictional) money playing along at home.

Noel - SHUT. UP.

How can we pretend a game of absolute chance appears to have some strategy?

I know, get some duffer to present it. Who? Got it......Noel Edmunds :P

The game itself is catchy enough, it's just the way its drawn out.

And as for that stupid woman who puts her hand on the top of the box to 'feel the weight' WTF???????????????????????????? :yesB)

The whole 'phone call from the banker' thing pisses me off royally. I hate it with a passion. That's not in the version I'm used to... and it's SO much better without it.

And yes, they do like to make it seem like it's more than pure luck and chance. Pffft.

It's such a silly show. But I can never stop watching it once I start.

My mate won $1600 on it in Oz.... he got an offer of £15,000, but opened another box and lost out. (In the Aussie version you open 3 boxes at a time at first... then it goes down to only 2 boxes... and you end up only opening 1 box at a time... which I think makes people take more of a chance... if they've only got one big number but a few smaller ones, and they've only got one box to open.... their odds of knocking out the big 'un are only, say 1 in 5, so they might go for it....)

The whole 'phone call from the banker' thing pisses me off royally.  I hate it with a passion.  That's not in the version I'm used to... and it's SO much better without it.

And yes, they do like to make it seem like it's more than pure luck and chance.  Pffft.

It's such a silly show.  But I can never stop watching it once I start.

My mate won $1600 on it in Oz.... he got an offer of £15,000, but opened another  box and lost out.  (In the Aussie version you open 3 boxes at a time at first... then it goes down to only 2 boxes... and you end up only opening 1 box at a time... which I think makes people take more of a chance... if they've only got one big number but a few smaller ones, and they've only got one box to open.... their odds of knocking out the big 'un are only, say 1 in 5, so they might go for it....)

78601[/snapback]

Didn't know you'd been to Australia. Enjoy it?

Here's a link to the online game

Deal or No Deal

American version like

78337[/snapback]

I closed a deal for £237,270 and my briefcase held a whopping £0,01 :yes

... so much easier when there's no real money involved!!