sammynb

The Beatles

Rod Stewart

The Jam

Pink Floyd

Earth, Wind & Fire

Rolling Stones

Led Zeppelin

hours of endless fun on those car journeys!

78426[/snapback]

Yer dads a fucking dinosaur

78658[/snapback]

fyp

I am the other side of this equation, I am educating my children with the Clash, Ramones Undertones, a bit of Elvis, Primal Scream and JAMC, and of course Kylie

The Beatles

Rod Stewart

The Jam

Pink Floyd

Earth, Wind & Fire

Rolling Stones

Led Zeppelin

78426[/snapback]

How the fuck do you mix the Jam in with that lot????

Exactly get the Shite Mods outa that classic Rock line up along with Earth Wind and Fire

The Beatles

Rod Stewart

The Jam

Pink Floyd

Earth, Wind & Fire

Rolling Stones

Led Zeppelin

78426[/snapback]

Yer dads a fucking legend!

78658[/snapback]

Yeah, take out Rod Stewart and Earth Wind and Fire and you couldn't get much better from a parent! My dad likes the stones as well which was a bonus.

I was lucky that most of the stuff my parents played i liked (and indeed still like) as it was mostly rock n roll, motown, blues, soul and other sixties music.

I got a fair sized dose of motown aswell, not anyone in particular but alot of "Best of" tapes. It still gets my foot tapping if I hear it now. Not really sure what else. I think there was some T-Rex in there and maybe a bit of Billy Idol. Probably some Bee Gee's and Queen too.

Bad Company, Free, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Bob Seger, Small Faces, Joe Cocker, BB King to name a few that would wake me up every Saturday morning. I've grew up to admire them more than anything as I think most of you'll agree they produce some quality music.

:yes

My parents liked folk music, which I found appalling, at the more tolerable end of that was the likes of Bob Dylan and Lindisfarne.

Then there was stuff like The Beatles, The Who, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, The Band, Roy Orbison, George Harrison

Then my dad had all his Blues records

BB King

Ry Cooder

John Lee Hooker

Captain Beefheart

Frank Zappa

loads of things.

There were quite a few classical records as well. I don't mind a bit of classical music - symphonic/orchestral mind, I'm not at all keen on Opera - neither are my parents actually.

My Dad has amassed a huge record and CD collection over the years.

In all, a mixture. There was stuff I found absolutely horrendous, and there was a lot of stuff I really like.

Edited by Tom_NUFC

My parents liked folk music, which I found appalling, at the more tolerable end of that was the likes of Bob Dylan and Lindisfarne.

Then there was stuff like The Beatles, The Who, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, The Band, Roy Orbison, George Harrison

Then my dad had all his Blues records

BB King

Ry Cooder

John Lee Hooker

Captain Beefheart

Frank Zappa

loads of things.

There were quite a few classical records as well. I don't mind a bit of classical music - symphonic/orchestral mind, I'm not at all keen on Opera - neither are my parents actually.

My Dad has amassed a huge record and CD collection over the years.

In all, a mixture. There was stuff I found absolutely horrendous, and there was a lot of stuff I really like.

79007[/snapback]

Folk music in all its forms is sady ignored. but its where everything came from

Folk music in all its forms is sady ignored. but its where everything came from

79030[/snapback]

Oh aye. Rock Music is basically white folk music fused with Black Blues and Jazz.

I do like some folk music, but it's more the 'rockier' end of it - the likes of Dylan, Neil Young etc. The more traditional folk stuff though - nah. I've heard lots of it and on the whole it's not my cup of tea.

Edited by Tom_NUFC

The Beatles

Rod Stewart

The Jam

Pink Floyd

Earth, Wind & Fire

Rolling Stones

Led Zeppelin

78426[/snapback]

Yer dads a fucking legend!

78658[/snapback]

Yeah, take out Rod Stewart and Earth Wind and Fire and you couldn't get much better from a parent! My dad likes the stones as well which was a bonus.

I was lucky that most of the stuff my parents played i liked (and indeed still like) as it was mostly rock n roll, motown, blues, soul and other sixties music.

78990[/snapback]

Rod Stewart was me mam's influx :yes

Rod Stewart used to be canny years ago, epsecially when he was in The Faces I reckon. Also, Earth, Wind and Fire are mint. FACT!

79081[/snapback]

I would agree

:yes