Very worried !!

snagger

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest my issues with Harford would be with him being a clogger as a player, no real stand out achievements that I can think of as a coach and him being recommended by his Wimbledon mate, JFK. The fact that he's a Mackem is neither here nor there as being a 'massive fkn Sunderland fan' didn't stop Clive Mendonca and Micky Gray breaking Sunderland hearts at Wembley nor stop Barry Venison being part of a team that did the double over Sunderland.

My issue is that he's a yes-man.

All employees are yes men.

Did Carver come out complaining about the long floated ball to Williamdon?

No, they're not.

I thought you once worked in business?

So explain the difference and tell me which NUFC staff are not yes men?

What? :lol: well, Pardew is not now, for a fucking start.

Do you know what a Yes-Man is? a Cronie, employed to agree and support, a sycophant.

Also, for all we know Pardew wants to try short corners, but has been convinced by Carver to go deep to Williamson every fucking time. Kinnear has brought in a mate, not a guy with a glittering career who just happens to be his pal, an actual mate. It's the most obvious Yes-Man there is.

Honest question CT, how much of this is just you being contrary and how much is you being stupid?

and now he doesn't

tells you enough doesn't it?

the amount he doesn't seem to know about business makes me think that his idea of "once working in business" was playing Theme Park

What? :lol: well, Pardew is not now, for a fucking start.

Do you know what a Yes-Man is? a Cronie, employed to agree and support, a sycophant.

Also, for all we know Pardew wants to try short corners, but has been convinced by Carver to go deep to Williamson every fucking time. Kinnear has brought in a mate, not a guy with a glittering career who just happens to be his pal, an actual mate. It's the most obvious Yes-Man there is.

Honest question CT, how much of this is just you being contrary and how much is you being stupid?

So a good keyboard rant but nothing to say Hartford is any more of a yes man than carver or stone.

The only important question here is whether Ashley is more likely to take action based on Kinnears say so than Llambias or Pardew.

If he is then it could be that decisions will get easier as Ashleys trusts the advice being given.

It's then a case whether Kinnear / Hartford / Pardew etc can form a relationship where the right decisions are agreed on. It seems Llambias had become a little too cosy with Pardew. If Kinnear / Hartford see through some of Pardews flannel and overall the team benefits then good.

It certainly makes no sense to write the whole thing off before its had chance to work.

Managers don't want yes-men. They need someone to bounce ideas off of, they need someone to be critical and honest and offer advice if they think they've got another idea about this and that.

I agree. And there's nothing to say that Hartford won't do that.

So a good keyboard rant but nothing to say Hartford is any more of a yes man than carver or stone.

The only important question here is whether Ashley is more likely to take action based on Kinnears say so than Llambias or Pardew.

If he is then it could be that decisions will get easier as Ashleys trusts the advice being given.

It's then a case whether Kinnear / Hartford / Pardew etc can form a relationship where the right decisions are agreed on. It seems Llambias had become a little too cosy with Pardew. If Kinnear / Hartford see through some of Pardews flannel and overall the team benefits then good.

It certainly makes no sense to write the whole thing off before its had chance to work.

It's Harford ffs

It's Kinnear's mate, his mate from back in the day, it's his mate from back in the day to work alongside him as an assistant, It's his mate from back in the day that's employed to work as his assistant when the obvious exercise is to oust the incumbent manager. Now, if you set aside your contrariness for just one second you have to agree that it is entirely reasonable to expect Harford to be a Yes-Man.

To take it further, Ashley has employed his mate (Kinnear) to help him usurp Pardew. Ashley isn't looking for advice from Kinnear, he wants acquiescence. He wanted to renegotiate Pardew's contract and now that's not happening, he just wants shot.

I'm not "writing the whole thing off before it has a chance to work", I think it'll be a roaring success. However, I'm saying that the lie that you've bought is not the reason for them being here. Kinnear isn't here to act as a bullshit-buffer, or to advise Ashley on how to run a football club, he's a human hand grenade, designed to get rid of Pardew & replace him when the time comes. Harford is here to back up Kinnear.

Pardew won't see out the season, Kinnear will take the reigns at some point, then be sacked when we get too close to relegation for comfort and he'll be replaced by God-knows-what.

As an aside, I honestly don't get why you think Kinnear and Harford are going to be better than Pardew? Neither of them have had glittering careers, Kinnear's last stint here was worse than Pardew and culminated in our relegation. From where do you find the confidence in these two men? You have admitted time and again that you don't watch football outside of Newcastle United, so what insight can you possibly have about them?