Joint bank accounts

ChezGiven

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My net income was that much higher than my partners (around 4 times higher!) and because I had a lot savings in the various accounts before I met her, I wasnt that keen to give her access to it all!

I think we are going to go back this year as now she earns a lot more its probably easier. We have the added complication of paying taxes retrospectively each year too, I think a joint account probably simplifies it all nowadays.

So in summary, a few people actually put all their wages into the same account and just spend as they wish. The rest put a fair amount into the same account and keep their own accounts for their own thing.

I have to make the choice between these two basically.

I can't imagine my kid thinking dad earns more and keeps what he earns to himself once the bills have been paid. Even if you earn so much more than the the other half, once there's a kid in the picture it hardly seems to make sense to hoard your cash, because if you do worry about splitting up she's gonna get half anyway :D

My parents had separate accounts. You marry someone who owns 3 properties already and has a million in the bank, you dont walk out the marriage with half.

I can imagine my kid thinking whatever she likes about whatever she likes too.

We have our own. I'm the higher earner and I pay nearly all the bills and she buys most of the stuff for the kids and house. Works well. We never even discuss money, never need to. If we eat out I always pay as I think I should.

Surprising how many kept men are on here.

;)

My last three bitches have been a Psychiatrist, Barrister and Architect. I can't stand dopey women and I like the competition. The sex chemicals wear off after about a year so you need someone you can talk to...It's hard being an intellectual heavyweight innit...? ;)

What you don't want is some couch clinger who's blowing all the money on accesories. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

So in summary, a few people actually put all their wages into the same account and just spend as they wish. The rest put a fair amount into the same account and keep their own accounts for their own thing.

I have to make the choice between these two basically.

When you have loads of money (as you do) this stuff doesn't seem that critical and just do the easiest thing. It's when you go through bad times the money becomes a focal point.

i seen my mistake and couldn't be arsed to fix it, you'll just have to tolerate it ;) i'm writing debt management code you can't expect me to give a shit in two places at once!

"I saw"