Newcastle United v Pacos de Ferreira

Christmas Tree

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-1 full time.

Positives: Gouffran looked really good (but then came off with what looked like injury), Vuckic was also promising and brilliantly saved a goal at the end, Campbell is one speedy little midget.

Negatives: We are toothless in attack.

We need new players desperately.

Not a lot of inspiration in that match was there. I dread the Man, City game after that display. We looked a bit better after BenAfree and that other bloke left the field.

Friendly results matter now?

Man Utd got beat off some Japanese team you've never heard of earlier today. Does that mean they're going to be in a relegation dogfight come May 2014?

Results don't matter but when the overall style of play has that familiar headless chicken look about it, then there's certainly good cause to be concerned.

Friendly results matter now?

Man Utd got beat off some Japanese team you've never heard of earlier today. Does that mean they're going to be in a relegation dogfight come May 2014?

They've lost two of their three games in Japan.

Like I said at the weekend, fitness is top of the priority list. Bunch of fucking flappers on here.

You've got to laugh at the scum down the road getting carried away with our pre-season activity, lives absolutely dominated by the club up the road.

Drawing away with 10 men against a team about to play a champions league qualifier tells us nowt about the season ahead. I've read some reports of the match and I think there are some people with unrealistic expectations about pre season friendlies in general . Aren't they almost always awful and give us no clue whatsoever about whats likely to happen in the forthcoming 10 months?...maybe its just me, but I've yet to see many worth paying for, or even watching for most of them. Apart from when Gazza got the winner at Hearts, away at Tynecastle in 87. Then we were attacked by the Hibs CCS on Gorgie Road in Edinburgh. Good night out that ;)

It was pretty disappointing to see a lot of the same bad habits from last season but its still just a pre season game lets not all panic just yet. There were positives to take from the game such as Goufrann Vucic and players hopefully getting fit and playing form. We 2 strikers that for sure and some depth in the back.

Krul

Santon Mbiwa Collocini Debuchy

Cabaye Sissoko

Goufrann Arfa Marveaux

(Future Stiker ?)

This to me is ideal it allows everyone to be in most ideal position to get the most out of every player.

Tiote shoud not see the field until he proves himself and earns playing time.