Thunderstorms

Christmas Tree

On there way shortly and according to the IPhone weather app they are 100% likely from 3pm

They woke me up at about 4am and it was lovely watching them, but I don't fancy being outside when they kick off.

Let's hope its not o e of those freak events like last year either!

I wish they'd hurry up, the temperature hasnt dropped below 26 at night here for a week. Last night it was 29 at 11pm. I rang up a store yesterday to enquire about the air conditioning units. They only had one model left and it was 600 notes. I thought if those storms arrive in the next hours, its not worth it for this year (although potentially a canny investment if global warming brings more summers like this).

Have settled for a basic 'football supporter' instead © peasepud.

It was mental last night, Thunder crash, lightning strike, rain, hail.

hail

That white stuff is not what happens when MF meets Cath, that was after about 30 seconds of hailstorm.

I like them. Goes back to being a kid. My dad used to tell me to talk to them and they would eventually go away. I used to fall asleep before anything else and now I don't mind them at all. I love the smell / clear air that follows them (hayfever thing).

I wish they'd hurry up, the temperature hasnt dropped below 26 at night here for a week. Last night it was 29 at 11pm. I rang up a store yesterday to enquire about the air conditioning units. They only had one model left and it was 600 notes. I thought if those storms arrive in the next hours, its not worth it for this year (although potentially a canny investment if global warming brings more summers like this).

Have settled for a basic 'football supporter' instead © peasepud.

£600 is well expensive if that's a portable. I do them for around £450 inc Vat. You could hire one as well to see what difference it makes before buying one.

It's not much better tonight, am sat in front of the fan and as soon as I move away am dripping like the proverbial fridge.

I guess this is a stupid question but is the only portable option one with a tube going out of an open window?

The model they had was the only one left in stock, they were all sold out!

Thank fuck for that. I'm not built for sun so I might go out and get a raindance going to summon it early.

It's not much better tonight, am sat in front of the fan and as soon as I move away am dripping like the proverbial fridge.

I guess this is a stupid question but is the only portable option one with a tube going out of an open window?

same

I must have spent 50% of my time in france sat in front of a fan

Edited by to dumb

Previously hired one that condensed the moisture internally . Had a slide out tray that you had to empty timeto time .

You have the hose type of portable as you say, but the ones that condense only are likely dehumidifiers. The other type of portable are split types where you hang a box out of the window as well and connect the two bits together with piping.

Another cheap option you might look at is evaporative coolers. The blow air across a body of water which adds cool moisture to the air.

The best but most expensive option is a split type full installed system but that will set you back in the region of £1500 ~ £2000 for a decent job.