Tutorial

Milly-Molly

Ok , I need someone to explain very simply how I download music (got a rough idea) and how do i then get it off my pc and onto my mp3? I read the instructions but think I'm to thick to comprehend! I know I can "rip" music from my cd's I can actually do that. But what do I do once it's ripped them? Where have they gone too? How do I find them, and if I ever do how do I get them on my mp3? I am sure this is really simple (my son can do it so it can't be hard) but I need to know how to do it before it becomes simple. I realise I'm a pain for asking, but I'd be eternally greatful for any help. Oh and before anyone tells me...I do know I need a search engine or whatever before I can download...ta.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I should have realised that to ask a serious question and expect you lot to answer with a serious reply was seriously too much to expect. If I tried rubbing a cd against the mp3, wouldn't that scratch the cd? I also tried asking my son...who kindly told me to read the instructions (which is exactly the f**kin reply I will give back when he phones for advice with regards his 3month old baby!) Cheers folkes.

Sorry, I should have realised that to ask a serious question and expect you lot to answer with a serious reply was seriously too much to expect. If I tried rubbing a cd against the mp3, wouldn't that scratch the cd? I also tried asking my son...who kindly told me to read the instructions (which is exactly the f**kin reply I will give back when he phones for advice with regards his 3month old baby!) Cheers folkes.

78720[/snapback]

Give more detail in the question and you'll get a more detailed answer.

Do you want to download music legally or illegally?

What version of media player are you using?

What type of MP3 player do you have?

78720[/snapback]

Give more detail in the question and you'll get a more detailed answer.

78722[/snapback]

Exactly. We at least need to know what make the MP3 player is etc, although why women can't just read and follow instructions, I'll never know. :yes

Oh and babies don't come with instructions. B)

"Oh and babies don't come with instructions."

EXACTLY!!!

Has it never occured to you that unless you have a basic knowledge of anything tecchy you have sod all chance of understanding it? For example

"you can either download tracks from a site or rip them from your audio cd to create a digital file on your computer(software not provided)" Why the F***k sell sumat without telling you you need extra software before you can use it? "Music files can be encoded into the supported formats (Mp3 or WMA).How the hell am I supposed to know what WMA means???

I have now recieved assisstance with my problem, but no thank's to anyone from this site. Strangely enough the forum title did say "Help" must have mistakenly thought i'd get it in here! Apologise, and thank you to the couple of you who actually did seem interested in offering help.

Edited by Milly-Molly

78720[/snapback]

That would be a rather surreal thing to witness.

EXACTLY!!!

Has it never occured to you that unless you have a basic knowledge of anything tecchy you have sod all chance of understanding it? For example

"you can either download tracks from a site or rip them from your audio cd to create a digital file on your computer(software not provided)" Why the F***k sell sumat without telling you you need extra software before you can use it? "Music files can be encoded into the supported formats (Mp3 or WMA).How the hell am I supposed to know what WMA means???

I have now recieved assisstance with my problem, but no thank's to anyone from this site. Strangely enough the forum title did say "Help" must have mistakenly thought i'd get it in here! Apologise, and thank you to the couple of you who actually did seem interested in offering help.

78746[/snapback]

I'm always amazed at the variety of problems people get help with on this forum, and how quickly. Maybe it's your attitude? Nah, it's the forum.

EXACTLY!!!

78746[/snapback]

The reason I offered sarcastic "help" is because I knew that you were nailed-on to get wound up and fly off the handle. Mission accomplished. :yes

HELP is supposed to be just that - not a place for the usual smart assed jokes we can use elsewhere on this forum

I didn't respond because I couldn't assist

If you can't offer help Gemmil don't post here

HELP is supposed to be just that - not a place for the usual smart assed jokes we can use elsewhere on this forum

79059[/snapback]

Thank's Rob, nice to know someone on the site has manners! :yes

79059[/snapback]

Says who?

I thought it was obvious Gemmill was just having a laugh. shouldn't have caused offence to anyone.

Some people need to chill before the place turns into N-O :yes

Oh, and if people knew how to ask for help, they'd get help quicker B)

79059[/snapback]

Hmmm. Fuck off.

you're not the person asking for help tho' - you can get a witty answer anywhere else on the Board

It would be nice if people could keep one spot serious - otherwise well have the usual tit/bum/masturbation threads in here as well

Piss off man Rob.  It was a daft response to a dafter question.  If you didn't like it, tough shit.  I wasn't the only one to respond in that fashion.

79312[/snapback]

PMS?

79323[/snapback]

Sense of responsibility in fact - or even RESPECT (cue T Blair)

Possibly age as well TBH

sometimes the grinding idiocy and/or immaturity of some of our fellow posters gets me down

I blame Souness really

Piss off man Rob.  It was a daft response to a dafter question.  If you didn't like it, tough shit.  I wasn't the only one to respond in that fashion.

79312[/snapback]

PMS?

79323[/snapback]

Possibly age as well TBH

sometimes the grinding idiocy and/or immaturity of some of our fellow posters gets me down

I blame Souness really

79330[/snapback]

Jesus Christ, even by your standards that was unbelievably pompous. Know-it-all arsehole.

79312[/snapback]

PMS?

79323[/snapback]

Possibly age as well TBH

I blame Souness really

79330[/snapback]

Jesus Christ, even by your standards that was unbelievably pompous. Know-it-all arsehole.

79332[/snapback]

:yes