Bafetimbi Gomis

Tooj

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/article/76114/lyon-president-gomis-to-join-newcastle-in-next-48-hours

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has confirmed the club has agreed a fee with Newcastle for Bafetimbi Gomis, and he expects the transfer to take place in the next 48 hours.

Aulas told French website Journal du Dimanche: "We accepted the proposal of Newcastle, which is 8 million euros, plus 2 million bonus.

"The agreement is now linked to the acceptance of agents' fees. I understand that the problem is in the amount and manner of payment of commissions.

"There are several people involved in the operation, which complicates the negotiations. But I am hopeful that things will be resolved within 24 or 48 hours."

Newcastle are not expected to have any problems agreeing personal terms with Gomis, with some reports in France suggesting Newcastle and the player had an agreement in place three weeks ago.

Gomis, who has played 12 times for France, has been one of the most consistent players in the French league in recent years, scoring at least 10 goals in each of the last seven seasons.

Thought that he was worthy of his own thread.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can only assume the reason we are in for him ove remy (same price £8.6m) is that his salary must be a lot lower than remy who is probably on 80k at qpr. I'd take all the gomis wants 400,000 euros a month talk with a pinch of salt.

Given the choice i'd have remy over him mind.

Newcastle confirm that they've reached an agreement with Lyon. Sounds like he's bringing a Cadre of "advisers" and "representatives" with him, which never bodes well.

Not going to relax until he's in a Sammy Ameobi Instagram

Unfortunately due to the position we've left ourselves in, we're not going to be able to make the signing that will totally excite everyone. But getting someone 'over the line' is a must and Gomis has a pretty decent record so I'd be pretty happy to see this done.

Hopefully we can get another forward in too and then we can let Campbell go out on loan and develop the way they are saying Dummett has.

Not totally sure about him, but we need a striker.

He'll get plenty of time on the pitch if he signs. From what I know of him he's quite different to Cisse. I can imagine the thought that they could play well together was one driving force behind Carr wanting to sign him. Was Carr involved in scouting him previously? ...I don't recall how long ago it was that we were last tracking him.

can only assume the reason we are in for him ove remy (same price £8.6m) is that his salary must be a lot lower than remy who is probably on 80k at qpr. I'd take all the gomis wants 400,000 euros a month talk with a pinch of salt.

Given the choice i'd have remy over him mind.

The whole rape accusation as well as Remy turning us down once may be a consideration as well like.

Could well still take Remy on loan like.

The whole rape accusation as well as Remy turning us down once may be a consideration as well like.

Not many footballers get sent down for rape though. I reckon remy is good enough for top 4, no idea why arsenal arent in for him.

'Arry is saying that'll cost us £2m

Not many footballers get sent down for rape though. I reckon remy is good enough for top 4, no idea why arsenal arent in for him.

True but I would think any club would be nervous about splashing out £6m+ on someone who's currently under investigation.

Not totally sure about him, but we need a striker.

Sums it up.

'Arry is saying that'll cost us £2m

If there's a buy out clause at the end of that of around 6M then its not the worst deal ever is it? Not considering the rape case that is.

Seeing is believing. The Lyon president is a class A clown and there's been so much bullshit surrounding our transfer activity (or lack thereof) that I won't believe it until I see him in black and white.

P.S. Anyone from the club who's reading this: 1 striker is not enough.