Bafetimbi Gomis

Tooj

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think we're getting a world class player here? Daft article.

Think he's a steady striker who'll get a few goals - (12-14) would be a qualifyied success. Nobody on here thinks he's world class.

Think he's a steady striker who'll get a few goals - (12-14) would be a qualifyied success. Nobody on here thinks he's world class.

Agreed. Do you think he will be competition for Cisse rather than starting alongside him?

Personally I think Pardew will stick to 4231 and don't see Gomis playing either side of him.

Remy however would thrive in that role. Him and Ben Arfa either side of Cisse excites me.

Gomis and Gouffran off the bench.

Keeping key players fresh with good rotation options is most likely going to help get the most of our players. More goals too. We hope.

Agreed. Do you think he will be competition for Cisse rather than starting alongside him?

Personally I think Pardew will stick to 4231 and don't see Gomis playing either side of him.

Remy however would thrive in that role. Him and Ben Arfa either side of Cisse excites me.

Gomis and Gouffran off the bench.

Keeping key players fresh with good rotation options is most likely going to help get the most of our players. More goals too. We hope.

There is one flaw in that mouth watering suggestion, Pardew!

There is one flaw in that mouth watering suggestion, Pardew!

The narrow minded people with shit memories might share that view.

Look back past last season.

I've faith that Pardew has learned and is better for it. He's openly admitted fault for his tactics last year.

I have faith that he will get it right this year.

Edited by StellarStripes

A French Kenwyne Jones? Still am glad we seem to be doing something.. was getting worried that January's signings were the summers budget.

Lazy comparison, oww he's black, quite big and has dreads. Who can I liken him to?

Gomis scored something like 20 in 44 last season. He has 3 in 10 for France. Jones has scored 13 in 81 games since 2010.

Lazy comparison, oww he's black, quite big and has dreads. Who can I liken him to?

Gomis scored something like 20 in 44 last season. He has 3 in 10 for France. Jones has scored 13 in 81 games since 2010.

Well done son ;)

Sounds like this fella is a big target man. Presumably we've now replaced Andy Carroll so we can launch long balls out of defence to The BIg Lad upfront. I suppose if we sign Remy as well that will give us more options.....instead of the long ball to the target man we can play the long ball into the channels for Remy to run onto. I'm not sure how Cisse fits in, cos we played a lot of long balls to him last season and he wasn't very good at it. Maybe he'll be there for the flicks ons and knock downs from the long balls.

Spoke to a lad in work who is based in Paris. He says he is a very good player. A bit lazy however he will get you goals. Reckoned he was a bit of a Darren Bent style player. He also told me he loves a good toe poked goal as well.

Same lads has been right about every player that has came our way. I personally think Gomis will be a good signing but I would rather Remy, Cisse and Ben Arfa in attack :wank:

We can't just have 2 forwards. People asking what happens to gouffran or Cisse etc if we bring two in. It's what we need. AP said gouffran may play more centrally. Getting Gomis gives us a target man players like Cisse and Remy if we get him can play off. But late in the game we would likely change it. Campbell might go out on loan and shola away I'd imagine. So we would have 4 hopefully of Gomis, Gouffran, Cisse and Hopefuly Remy.

I'm more curious about midfield if we are going 442 who is getting dropped or played out of position?

I think Campbell is good enough to stay. He's certainly got the pace & movement to be effective. I really just don't see the obsession with having to send a player out on loan.

I think he can be effective enough to get his chance to develop here - that's all I'm saying.

Fair enough some players have to go out on loan to get experience but I think Campbell should given till january to prove himself. Scottish football isn't of a high enough quality to really test him.

If we had a deeper squad, I could see him getting more games, but frankly the abuse Pardew got for fielding weak sides in the cups will force his hand this time around. Half a season at somewhere like St Mirren would be good for Campbell imo

1. Re: Gomis. Lyon need the extra 5% bec. of Saint Etienne's sell on clause. Possible that Lyon will give up on that but they are fighting. #OL

2. Re: Gomis. The agent's fee is likely to be sorted by the end of day, but #Lyon want #Newcastle to pay an extra 5% to the fee already agreed.

3. L'Equipe: The problem with the Gomis deal at the moment is Lyon have to pay Saint Etienne 5% of transfer fee. #Lyon want #NUFC to add this.