Bafetimbi Gomis

Tooj

I think Campbell is good enough to stay. He's certainly got the pace & movement to be effective. I really just don't see the obsession with having to send a player out on loan.

Couldn't agree more. There's been far too many times, even last year alone where Pardews had Shola on the bench for the hoofball tactics, when we've got a fast, enthusiastic, skilled and lively forward in Campbell. I'd be far happier with him coming on for the last 20 minutes.

The only issue I have so far, is when I've seen him play (not often I admit) - no fucker's ever passed to him, when hes free and in good positions, was like the 1st team's a niche he can't break into.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more videos I watch of Gomis the more I realse he isn't a target man at all. He actually plays on the shoulder quite a lot and has that first touch to take him into the box and into goal scoring opportunities.

I'm trying to read the fansites about Gomis to get the fans picture. I'll paste some linkies from my bookmarks when I get home if anyone wants to read up. it's pretty positive stuff overall, but he has his haters too.

So far I've heard "hes a great player, but expect him to miss at least 2 sitters once every 2 games" and a lot of people who properly hate on him for stifling the team with his complete lack of intention to pass the ball ever.

but , there's a compilation of his best stuff on Youtube , which does look strong.

Where's dennis wise?

Edited by scoobos

I'm trying to read the fansites about Gomis to get the fans picture. I'll paste some linkies from my bookmarks when I get home if anyone wants to read up. it's pretty positive stuff overall, but he has his haters too.

So far I've heard "hes a great player, but expect him to miss at least 2 sitters once every 2 games" and a lot of people who properly hate on him for stifling the team with his complete lack of intention to pass the ball ever.

but , there's a compilation of his best stuff on Youtube , which does look strong.

Where's dennis wise?

I haven't seen much, but from the few videos I have seen he seems to look more comfortable with the ball at his feet in the box than Cisse. At least the Cisse of last season.

Sounds like Aulas is claiming that OM are behind the break down of the deal from OL.

If the agents stop him from leaving now, the player goes on a free next year and OM get him. The agents then can command a higher fee as there is no transfer fee.!

Sounds like Aulas is claiming that OM are behind the break down of the deal from OL.

If the agents stop him from leaving now, the player goes on a free next year and OM get him. The agents then can command a higher fee as there is no transfer fee.!