Loic Remy

GeordieMark

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remy moved his head towards Johnson's and made contact. That makes his a red.

Because there was contact made, there can be no charge of simulation (that's what the rules say).

All of this appeal fuss detracts away from the fact that Remy was stupid and should have stepped away.

The rules say touching an opponent with your face is automatic red?

They don't say that specifically, but how do you draw the line? How hard does he have to move his head towards another player's to be deemed worthy of violent conduct and therefore a red?

It's not as if this is the first soft headbutt we've seen given a straight red. Remy knew the crack and should have just backed away.

Earlier in the season another teams player made the same movement with the same 'contact' and was not in any way penalised. I'm not saying this to excuse Remy, but to highlight once again the inconsistencies in the application of the rules.

Edit: 'twas Jon Shelvey on Debuchy.

Edited by OTF

They don't say that specifically, but how do you draw the line? How hard does he have to move his head towards another player's to be deemed worthy of violent conduct and therefore a red?

It's not as if this is the first soft headbutt we've seen given a straight red. Remy knew the crack and should have just backed away.

I know he was thick and I always thought he would go as well as having no doubt the appeal would fail. That doesn't make it any less dreadful a decision or implementation of the rules.

Referees are there to decide is an altercation intentional or accidental ... Is it dangerous or handbags.

The whole thing was handbags and the only real unsporting conduct came from the Norwich prick.

Earlier in the season another teams player made the same movement with the same 'contact' and was not in any way penalised. I'm not saying this to excuse Remy, but to highlight once again the inconsistencies in the application of the rules.

Edit: 'twas Jon Shelvey on Debuchy.

Aye I remember the incident, and the bastard scored shortly afterwards too.

I know he was thick and I always thought he would go as well as having no doubt the appeal would fail. That doesn't make it any less dreadful a decision or implementation of the rules.

Referees are there to decide is an altercation intentional or accidental ... Is it dangerous or handbags.

The whole thing was handbags and the only real unsporting conduct came from the Norwich prick.

Aye, can't disagree with any of that. It's one of those that if the ref (or linesman) sees, it's only going to go one way.

The FA are publicly backing players to play act, bit of a joke really.

This is the real issue. Until the FA/FIFA/UEFA start to deal with simulation properly, i.e. by retrospective bans, it will continue. Remy's was always a red card, Johnson's should have stood and he should have got more for the attempt to get a fellow professional sent off

I wouldn't expect nothing else from this FA, when it concerns us. It's a fucking joke!

I honestly think that there is something against us at the FA. There's several incidents that spring to mind - the relentless pursuit of Mike Williamson when nothing was noted in the match (similar behaviour against us has netted no such retrospective action eg. Shelvey), no action taken for the shocking tackle on Haidara, or the shocking tackle on Ben Arfa and now this...

They don't have an agenda against us, they're just shit. Cabaye and Tiote have both got away with several dodgy tackles, Colo too.

Perhaps it's not that they have something against us, but rather that they don't have something for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully we'll benefit from his improved form as he tries to get the best possible deal, from the best possible clubs, in the best possible leagues.

Aye not much chance now, should have had an option to buy and a set fee already in the deal mind. We were in a position of strength, QPR had a player that didn't want to play for them and on a rape charge which severely limited the clubs after him, yet somehow all we come out with was a year long deal and no clauses to make it permanent.

I don't see us paying 16m for him even if he would pick us over everyone else anyway.

Edited by Howay