Loic Remy

GeordieMark

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your missing the point fellas. Even if Ashley matched whatever price was required, we couldnt offer CL football or the monster wages that Remy will attract in the summer.

Cabaye had CL football when he signed for us. Remy may not get CL football if he goes although he may join a club who show him that they're aiming for CL football. We wont pay a certain wage or a big transfer fee and that's the top line.

Cabaye had CL football when he signed for us. Remy may not get CL football if he goes although he may join a club who show him that they're aiming for CL football. We wont pay a certain wage or a big transfer fee and that's the top line.

We already know for a fact with Remy that like Ba, its all about the wages. No way we are going to compete with the types of wages Arsenal or Chelsea will pay him.

What we probably will do is think about putting bids in generate a bit of excitement then sign nobody.

We already know for a fact with Remy that like Ba, its all about the wages. No way we are going to compete with the types of wages Arsenal or Chelsea will pay him or most of the other PL clubs.

FYP.

No we wont and most players will want good wages not just BA and Remy. Rooney has squeezed more money out of Man U as they're desperate.

We already know for a fact with Remy that like Ba, its all about the wages. No way we are going to compete with the types of wages Arsenal or Chelsea will pay him.

And yet on the last day of the window the story was going round that we might sign Ba.

Who are our main men in the transfer dealings (incoming)? Are they given a strict mandate? Are we confident we can get the quality and quantity of players I suspect we might need next year? This eighth spot might look a lot better next season depending on our recruitment in the summer.

Also have to take into account QPR's stuttering form. If they fail to get promoted the fee will go down or they'll just loan him out again. A 2nd season out of the PL and they really wont want to be paying his wages.

The thing is how many players are we going to need the article in the Chronicle last week mentioned up to 10 players will be away. Admittedly not all those were first team players but we only have a small squad to start with. The sheer amount of investment needed in the squad come the summer wont be matched by Ashleys money. That is why I think he'll go with loaned players I think we'll have a small cluster of bought players and the rest made up of short term loan players.

Also have to take into account QPR's stuttering form. If they fail to get promoted the fee will go down or they'll just loan him out again. A 2nd season out of the PL and they really wont want to be paying his wages.

Don't think they're gonna make it. Remy will be off to the highest bidder.

Their form is shocking, they've the best defence in the league but they've only scored 37 goals.

The teams building momentum like Derby and Forest don't have the same problem and they weren't able to keep those teams from scoring when they met, so even if QPR stay in the play off places, I'd fancy the midlands clubs to come out on top.

How does this affect our chances or signing Remy permanently? It doesn't because he'll be off to a club that's playing some level of European football, or at least one with designs upon chasing that aim.

Their form is shocking, they've the best defence in the league but they've only scored 37 goals.

The teams building momentum like Derby and Forest don't have the same problem and they weren't able to keep those teams from scoring when they met, so even if QPR stay in the play off places, I'd fancy the midlands clubs to come out on top.

How does this affect our chances or signing Remy permanently? It doesn't because he'll be off to a club that's playing some level of European football, or at least one with designs upon chasing that aim.

Plus I cant see the club wanting to pay the £15/16 million asking price when they've had him for free all season.

For all we were dogshit at the weekend, Remy showed his class. Best striker we've had since Ba, who in turn was the best striker we've had since Shearer. I'm interested to see how he and LDJ link up. They looked good together for twenty mins at the weekend

For all we were dogshit at the weekend, Remy showed his class. Best striker we've had since Ba, who in turn was the best striker we've had since Shearer. I'm interested to see how he and LDJ link up. They looked good together for twenty mins at the weekend

The irony is we own neither of them.

He has to start ahead of Cisse now, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Cunt? :lol: Hasn't he just said that he wants to play for one of the elite clubs at some point in his career? He's also been quite complimentary about the club, and the city, in the same interview. As usual, the quotes have been twisted to make it appear that he will be joining one of these clubs in the summer.

Cunt? :lol: Hasn't he just said that he wants to play for one of the elite clubs at some point in his career? He's also been quite complimentary about the club, and the city, in the same interview. As usual, the quotes have been twisted to make it appear that he will be joining one of these clubs in the summer.

yes, he's a footballer so obviously he's a cunt.

do you expect him to still be at the club in the summer? all the best with that like.

Unfortuntately if you show no ambition players like Remy won't sign for us. It doesn't say anything bad about them (quite the opposite really).

Our only hope is to sign players who can use us to improve and then move on to a club that has ambition.

yes, he's a footballer so obviously he's a cunt.

do you expect him to still be at the club in the summer? all the best with that like.

Ah, sorry, I was under the impression that he'd done something to deserve being labelled one. I guess that I must tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.

But, no, I don't think he'll end up here if he gets an offer from a 'top' club. He might not even end up here if a club on our level, but with aspirations to improve, show an interest. I wouldn't rule it out altogether, though.