Loic Remy

GeordieMark

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the law is due a change tbf. The people who make these allegation which are clearly not true are given a cloak of anonymity and never prosecuted for their lies.

They lie to the police, turn up to court and make perjurious statements and then ride off into the sunset whatever the outcome. They have no thought or care about the person who they accuse.

Aye because that's really going to help genuine complainants get the confidence to come forward.

The genuine complainants will have nothing to worry about will they?

Or if you wanted to be pedantic you could give the accused anonymity until the allegations are proved.

Something has to change.

I think the law is due a change tbf. The people who make these allegation which are clearly not true are given a cloak of anonymity and never prosecuted for their lies.

They lie to the police, turn up to court and make perjurious statements and then ride off into the sunset whatever the outcome. They have no thought or care about the person who they accuse.

Totally agree.

Aye because that's really going to help genuine complainants get the confidence to come forward.

It should carry a sentence as long as rape does if a person has been proven to have made a false accusation.

I'm not an apologist for rapists either, as crimes go it's the lowest of the low.

Edited by Asprilla

The genuine complainants will have nothing to worry about will they?

Or if you wanted to be pedantic you could give the accused anonymity until the allegations are proved.

Something has to change.

What an unmitigated parcel of shite you sometimes talk, Desmond.

I'll give you the anonymity for the accused.

So you take back what you said then?

The system is not fit for it's current purpose. The Police should take what people say with a pinch of salt like they do in any other form of crime. The CPS should look at evidence more stringently and not proceed cases to court which clearly do not carry enough evidence to prosecute.

And the slappers are ruining it for the genuine cases.

I would take it back but I've heard a bit too much about 'slappers' etc, from yourself in this thread. I've a tea to make. Might get back to this or might not.

Well what do you call a woman who makes a false allegation of that kind? I think 'slapper' is being kind.

So you take back what you said then?

The system is not fit for it's current purpose. The Police should take what people say with a pinch of salt like they do in any other form of crime. The CPS should look at evidence more stringently and not proceed cases to court which clearly do not carry enough evidence to prosecute.

And the slappers are ruining it for the genuine cases.

Who publishes the names of the accused?

The media could show a lot more restraint, they do when its in their interest.

The police also have laws; wasting police time and perverting the course of justice to prosecute false accusers shoudl there be the evidence to do so.

I'll help you out. In rangers case the lady said she was too drunk to consent. Cctv was then used showing her following him out of the club into a taxi and then following him down the corridor into the hotel room.

Why did the police do nothing about it?

I'll help you out. In rangers case the lady said she was too drunk to consent. Cctv was then used showing her following him out of the club into a taxi and then following him down the corridor into the hotel room.

Becauase she hasnt broken the law?

I believe it actually showed her falling down, clearly inebriated. The point where someone is too drunk to give consent is a very difficult thing to measure and that's what leads to problems in prosecuting rapes involving 'slappers'.

Going into a hotel room with someone isn't consent to have sex is it? that's why they can't just leave it there and charge her with wasting police time.

Also you can't just change the law like you said, as Ewerk said it'll pressure genuine cases even more than they already are. Rape is often extremely hard to prove, so there are cases where rapists get off the same as there will be cases where innocent people will be locked up. It's an extremely sensitive issue, that's why it is taken so seriously in all cases.

Edited by Howay

Going into a hotel room with someone isn't consent to have sex is it? that's why they can't just leave it there and charge her with wasting police time.

Also you can't just change the law like you said, as Ewerk said it'll pressure genuine cases even more than they already are. Rape is often extremely hard to prove, so there are cases where rapists get off the same as there will be cases where innocent people will be locked up. It's an extremely sensitive issue, that's why it is taken so seriously in all cases.

What did she go there for with him then?

Tremendous head burying here tonight

What did she go there for with him then?

Tremendous head burying here tonight

It's not burying my head, chances are she went there to have sex with him (providing she was able to make decisions and from Ewerk's point about her level of inebriation, she wasn't at a level where she could give consent) but that isn't enough, you can't just throw a case out because it seems like they were both off to have sex, that's an assumption and isn't strong enough to throw a case out.