Loic Remy

GeordieMark

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see us doing a loan deal without having some deal in place for a permanent transfer. This administration has said in the past that they don't like loan deals at all (presumably as there is no chance of a profit on them) so unless that was a Lambeeze thing I don't see it changing.

To me it looks like a bit of a face saving move from QPR and a way for us to mitigate any issues with the posibility of him getting banged up.

Ok sounds good to me.

He is injured a lot it would seem.

And he's got a possible rape charge hanging over his head.....but he was "cheap"... 2 million + wages for how many games with a potential criminal trial to fit in as well?....fuckin bargain! :lol:

LOIC Remy could be a month away from his Newcastle United debut.

The striker has joined the club on a season-long loan from relegated Queens Park Rangers.

Remy, the club’s only signing so far this summer, was quickly ruled out of Monday night’s Premier League season-opener at Manchester City with a calf problem after undergoing a medical on Tyneside.

And it’s looking increasingly unlikely that he will play this month, according to United manager Alan Pardew.

Instead, Remy – who is yet to join in full training on Tyneside – could make his first appearance for Newcastle at Aston Villa on September 14.

“Remy is still on the road to recovery,” said Pardew.

“Man City will come too soon, and so might West Ham and Fulham.

“It’s becoming increasingly likely he will be unavailable – he’s not kicked a ball yet, and only been running.”

With Remy – who came close to joining United in January – having not had a proper pre-season at QPR, Pardew and his staff will err on the side of caution.

If we play with one striker against them I'd say Shola would be more effective than Cisse. Cisse on his own against a mob where we're virtually guaranteed of having little possession is somewhat wasted. That said I hope we don't start the match with one up top unless they're also flanked by two wingers.

If we play with one striker against them I'd say Shola would be more effective than Cisse. Cisse on his own against a mob where we're virtually guaranteed of having little possession is somewhat wasted. That said I hope we don't start the match with one up top unless they're also flanked by two wingers.

Only saw this now. Spot on. Cisse isn't a target man, he isn't capable of holding the ball up properly with his back to goal and bringing others in.

Cisse is a player who you need closer to goal, ideally with lads slipping the ball through to him, or working off a target mans flicks.