Loic Remy

GeordieMark

If we play with one striker against them I'd say Shola would be more effective than Cisse. Cisse on his own against a mob where we're virtually guaranteed of having little possession is somewhat wasted. That said I hope we don't start the match with one up top unless they're also flanked by two wingers.

I might agree for this if it wasn't for the fact that Shola is a huge steaming pile of runny shit who can't trap a bag of sand couldn't slip the offside trap on the fucking maginot line and occasionally trips over his own fucking shadow.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only saw this now. Spot on. Cisse isn't a target man, he isn't capable of holding the ball up properly with his back to goal and bringing others in.

Cisse is a player who you need closer to goal, ideally with lads slipping the ball through to him, or working off a target mans flicks.

Pardew thus has failed to understand this..

• 2 weeks later...

on le bench against Fulham.

Hopefully we're a couple of goals up and he can come on to have a bit of fun with the ball and get used to not playing at the shithole that is Loftus Rd.

More likely we'll be a goal down and he'll brought on with 7 minutes to go and expected to produce wonders.

on le bench against Fulham.

Hopefully we're a couple of goals up and he can come on to have a bit of fun with the ball and get used to not playing at the shithole that is Loftus Rd.

More likely we'll be a goal down and he'll brought on with 7 minutes to go and expected to produce wonders.

It's all right, with the Ameobi Brothers firings us into a 8-0 half time lead, Remy can come on to replace the ineffectual Cisse and bag himself a brace, taking our sexy tally to 10-0, propelling us to 1st on MotD and causing Matt Le Tissier's head to explode with unfettered rage.

Oh it was a quality pass I just meant with what had to happen for it to be a goal.

His use of his pace is going to open up so much space for others.

Oh it was a quality pass I just meant with what had to happen for it to be a goal.

We've been crying out for his sort of pace for a while. Your right, he'll open up space for the likes of Ben Arfa/Sissoko to exploit.

It definitely counts in fantasy football terms.

Remy - Cisse - Ben Arfa

That'll do for me.

Need good players as alternatives to keep pressure on them. An out of form Cisse should not be an automatic selection as is the case now. Plus we need cover for injuries and to facilitate varied tactical approaches.

Need good players as alternatives to keep pressure on them. An out of form Cisse should not be an automatic selection as is the case now. Plus we need cover for injuries and to facilitate varied tactical approaches.

"Out of form" Cisse has been starved of chances for over a year. Think the goals will fly in with Remy along side him, IF Pardew let's them attack properly all game and not just in the last 20 minutes.

"Out of form" Cisse has been starved of chances for over a year. Think the goals will fly in with Remy along side him, IF Pardew let's them attack properly all game and not just in the last 20 minutes.

I'll bite. So it was Pardew's tactics to have them pass like 11 year old girls for the rest of the game?

Are you suggesting that Cisse isn't out of form?

I'll bite. So it was Pardew's tactics to have them pass like 11 year old girls for the rest of the game?

Are you suggesting that Cisse isn't out of form?

I'm suggesting he's starved of good goal scoring chances rather than personally out of form and that if we play on the ground in and around the box in the last 20 minutes then you will see him start to get plenty of goals.

If it feels like biting, best not reply. :)

The difference he made when he came on was massive. Partly because he looked very sharp (especially when you consider he's had no pre season) and partly because he seemed to lift everyone else. Cisse, Sissoko ,Santon and Denuchy all seemed visibly lifted when he came on. Can't wait to see him fully fit and starting.

Remy was knackered after 15 minutes. He was gasping. Doubt we'll see that level of enthusiasm as a rule. More of a debut thing.

It turned out to be a good thing really. Fair enough that he's not fully match fit, though he did look sharp and rightfully as a late sub injected some energy and pace to the game.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have no option but it also wouldn't surprise me if Kinnear was just talking incoherently about the options on the deal.

Yes, sadly nothing our director of football says can be taken at face value, even if he's sincere about it at the time.