Rangers v Newcastle

McFaul

Colo a stupid sending off and a penalty in ore season. That's a little worrying.

Not half as worrying as being 1-0 down after 45 minutes to a half arsed, jock pub team from the Scottish second division! Jeez Newcastle United really are shit. Regardless of whether it's a friendly these pre-season performances/results have been downright embarrassing.

Not half as worrying as being 1-0 down after 45 minutes to a half arsed, jock pub team from the Scottish second division! Jeez Newcastle United really are shit. Regardless of whether it's a friendly these pre-season performances/results have been downright embarrassing.

:lol:

It's a preseason friendly, for fucks sake.

:lol:

It's a preseason friendly, for fucks sake.

Come off it Fish, pre-season or not our results against far 'supposedly' inferior teams recently have been pap. It's not like we've played anyone decent, even with a meaningless game the players should want to look better than some wanky Sunday leaguers.

I keep telling myself it'll get better come the start of the season but there's bugger all to suggest that's the case, quite the opposite really.

Come off it Fish, pre-season or not our results against far 'supposedly' inferior teams recently have been pap. It's not like we've played anyone decent, even with a meaningless game the players should want to look better than some wanky Sunday leaguers.

I keep telling myself it'll get better come the start of the season but there's bugger all to suggest that's the case, quite the opposite really.

By all accounts we've been comfortably on top. They've scored through a penalty.

I understand that you want to win all games, but I'm not bothered by pre-season friendlies as long as nobody gets injured. Put it this way, we were thrashed 6-1 by Leyton Orient and tell me, how did the following season go?

Yeah, I see your point, though in comparison the team that got humped by Leyton Orient played in the Championship as opposed to the Prem and had thrashed pretty much every other team they'd played pre-season.

We're currently a joke of a club with a piss-taking cunt for an owner, an un-needed seemingly retarded drunk for a DoF, a spineless one-season-wonder manager and a team full of players who can't be arsed (though to be fair to them they lack any real leadership from outside the squad), oh and a swath of supporters who appear apathetic to getting dry fucked in the towel holder by Mike Ashley and think that even though he continuously rapes their footballing souls he'll turn over a new leaf sooner or later. Mental.

The only line of thought that I can think would make sense not to rock the boat would be the prospect of enticing a new owner in, though that's as close to a miracle as anyone's likely to see.

Yeah, I see your point, though in comparison the team that got humped by Leyton Orient played in the Championship as opposed to the Prem and had thrashed pretty much every other team they'd played pre-season.

We're currently a joke of a club with a piss-taking cunt for an owner, an un-needed seemingly retarded drunk for a DoF, a spineless one-season-wonder manager and a team full of players who can't be arsed (though to be fair to them they lack any real leadership from outside the squad), oh and a swath of supporters who appear apathetic to getting dry fucked in the towel holder by Mike Ashley and think that even though he continuously rapes their footballing souls he'll turn over a new leaf sooner or later. Mental.

The only line of thought that I can think would make sense not to rock the boat would be the prospect of enticing a new owner in, though that's as close to a miracle as anyone's likely to see.

No we didn't. We destroyed Darlington, but other than that we beat Shamrock and Huddersfield 1 and 3 - 0 respectively. We also drew with Leeds and Dundee. Hardly thrashing everyone.

We're a club that has run aground, we've no impetus and apparently less ambition. I don't agree that we have a team full of players that can't be arsed. I would say that Taylor, Jonas, Debuchy, Tiote, Colo, Krul, all show fight for the club no matter the opposition.

There's a difference between apathy and an awareness that without Bill Gates swooping in to buy us we're stuck with Ashley, I don't think that anybody think he's going to turn over a new leaf at all. I think we're all aware that his sole ambition is to retain Premier League status.

He doesn't want to sell.

Also,

nufcfans_alan_pardew_newcastle_united_de

Edited by The Fish

To me it was a disappointing result. It was reasonable to think that the starting eleven based on experience was the best we could have put out and in view of that we should have won handily in the first half instead of salvaging a draw in stoppage time.

The main problem last year was Pardews inability to pick a team / formation that could play effectively together and having players that could create chances for strikers.

It still remains to be seen whether either of those things change.

Simon Bird ‏@simonbirdmirror
Good? Some ok passing and keep ball. Not so? HBA gave ball away too much, lack cutting edge esp down wings.

Still trying to find out how they lined up.

Worried Pardew is persisting with Sissoko on the wing.

Still trying to find out how they lined up.

Worried Pardew is persisting with Sissoko on the wing.

Have we even used him in central midfield yet? Every game I can think of he's been behind Cisse, or right midfield.

The worse we go in these matches the better our chances of strengthening? More-so if we get trounced by Man City. Not that I want that to happen - but silver linings and all that...