League Cup 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of their lads scored a cracker to knock Wolves out but they should have probably conceded a few. I think Wolves hit the woodwork about 4 times, having one cleared off the line.

We should realistically thrash them.

Morcambe 1-0 Newcastle

It's the exact scenario that's fucked us up so many times over the years.

An away tie against a lower league side early on, nailed on to be on the tele. We don't show up and the "magic of the cup" lives on. Our hopes of a trophy disappear for another year.

Then they get knocked on next round.

What date will this be? Might head home for it.

Oddly enough it was at Christie Park (the old Morecambe stadium) where I met a load of Newcastle players. Blackburn reserves used to play there so went down to see them play our reserves...met the likes of Carl Cort, Chopra, Bellamy, Harper. Chanting 'Harper for England!' behind the goal and he turned around and goes 'England? I can't even get in the bloody first team here...'.

Anyway, the Globe Arena is a lovely little stadium for a League 2 side. I know a guy who helped design it...and I also used to play for Morecambe a very very long time ago.

Edited by Nyff

One of their lads scored a cracker to knock Wolves out but they should have probably conceded a few. I think Wolves hit the woodwork about 4 times, having one cleared off the line.

We should realistically thrash them.

Morcambe 1-0 Newcastle

:lol: I was thinking that. We'll get a sending off as well.

I'd hope AP and the coaching staff are getting the youngsters briefed for this.

I hope we see a good few get a chance.

Streete, Dummett, Bigirimana, Vuckic, Sameobi and Campbell.

-------------------------Elliott

M'Biwa---Williamson----Streete------Dummett*

------------------Anita-------Bigirimana

Gouffran-------------Vuckic----------Sammeobi

--------------------------Shola**

*Or Haidara at LB

**Or Campbell off the bench quite a bit.

You even have Marveaux, Obertan, Gosling and Jonas to throw in the mix whilst keeping our key players fresh. It's only Anita, M'Biwa and Gouffran who would normally get 1st team minutes in that side.

That's nice of them, sharpening their knives as we speak. On a side note, had a dream we were playing Man U on sky but being a dream it was surreal. A middle aged fan played in midfield and knocked a ball up to a lass who turned and caught it on the volley and it looped over Jim Leighton in the Man U goal. It was at the Leazes end of the 80's and almost straight away we scored a header from a corner, (proof indeed it was a dream). Then the commentators started talking pro-man U bollocks, it was Andy Cole and Gary Bennett the Mackem. I started shouting at the telly saying where's the ex-players of our club? Then sky had a caption of medieval archers with bows shooting and a NUFC crest on their helmets which represented a team about to have a corner or cross but they were showing it while the ball was still in play and I'm now screaming at the telly saying 'for fuck sake the balls still in play! How the fuck do I know what's happening if they're showing these fucking archers?' I woke up then. :lol:

That's nice of them, sharpening their knives as we speak. On a side note, had a dream we were playing Man U on sky but being a dream it was surreal. A middle aged fan played in midfield and knocked a ball up to a lass who turned and caught it on the volley and it looped over Jim Leighton in the Man U goal. It was at the Leazes end of the 80's and almost straight away we scored a header from a corner, (proof indeed it was a dream). Then the commentators started talking pro-man U bollocks, it was Andy Cole and Gary Bennett the Mackem. I started shouting at the telly saying where's the ex-players of our club? Then sky had a caption of medieval archers with bows shooting and a NUFC crest on their helmets which represented a team about to have a corner or cross but they were showing it while the ball was still in play and I'm now screaming at the telly saying 'for fuck sake the balls still in play! How the fuck do I know what's happening if they're showing these fucking archers?' I woke up then. :lol:

:lol:

you're a dream analyst's wet, err dream Davey. All I can say is if Gary Bennet's appearing in your dreams you've got problems

Do you have a notepad beside the bed to write down all this detail?

• 3 weeks later...

Pardew 12th July 2013

"Brighton away was the most disappointing because the team I was putting out at the time wasn’t representative of a Newcastle United team. But that’s the best team I could have played.

“So YES, I want to win a cup.”

Pardew 26th August 2013

"I hope that the fans can see players out there that they don’t always see a lot of. I am looking to one or two of this team to show me that they should be in the squad because it is a big, big game for this football club.”

FUCK OFF