League Cup 2013

Christmas Tree

Alright Geordies?

Just thought I'd pop in to say, great draw, cannot wait. I kind of felt we'd draw you lot or Villa, since you're both the last two big clubs we haven't yet played in the cup since 2009. Seriously, unbelievable that in just four years we've played Liverpool, Man U twice, Tottenham three times (including the replay in 2010), Arsenal twice (including the replay in 2011), Everton, Chelsea, Man City and now you lot.

We really do have the luck of the draw! That is, if the hot balls theory is bollocks...

How do you think you'll do? A lot of our fans think it's winnable, and we did do very well against Everton and Tottenham last season, but they were both at home. It could go either way really. I know a lot of you seem to have little faith in Pardew, but maybe he could be eyeing up the League Cup?

May the best team win!

You will quiver and quake under the Human thunder of a Double Ameobi. Their mere presence together causes supernovae in neighbouring galaxies.

;)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will quiver and quake under the Human thunder of a Double Ameobi. Their mere presence together causes supernovae in neighbouring galaxies.

;)

What's the situation on Cabaye? Is he definitely off? If so, that may take away some worries ;)

Alright Geordies?

Just thought I'd pop in to say, great draw, cannot wait. I kind of felt we'd draw you lot or Villa, since you're both the last two big clubs we haven't yet played in the cup since 2009. Seriously, unbelievable that in just four years we've played Liverpool, Man U twice, Tottenham three times (including the replay in 2010), Arsenal twice (including the replay in 2011), Everton, Chelsea, Man City and now you lot.

We really do have the luck of the draw! That is, if the hot balls theory is bollocks...

How do you think you'll do? A lot of our fans think it's winnable, and we did do very well against Everton and Tottenham last season, but they were both at home. It could go either way really. I know a lot of you seem to have little faith in Pardew, but maybe he could be eyeing up the League Cup?

May the best team win!

You've a chance for definite. Nearly got my head panned in outside the 'Peacock' a few years ago. Nearly.

Still rather you were in the top league than a few I can think of.

@@VidukaIsStillGod

Over the moon with the draw mate, It's nice to get a home tie for a start and obviously it's nice to get a draw against a team like Leeds who we really want to beat. It should be a cracking atmosphere with a big crowd - it'll probably be televised too.

He had a poor game but it might have done him some good. Ben Arfa showed why he is by far our best player tonight.

Aye was just thinking coming on fresh against a tiring lower league side at the arse end of extra time, he looks world class....

;)

Shite performance, good result.

Positives...Hatem bringing the magic touch, Sameobi offering something to the side, Good was good ;) Dummett was accomplished, as was Bigi and Gosling.

Worrying lack of creativity and movement tonight though. Debuchy an Mbiwa were awful.

I thought Shola did really well when he came on.

Debuchy was better than normal but still hasn't got to grips with the English league yet.

Sammy was great but he can be frustrating. He needs to get cut out the basic errors. Someone that size should be more of a danger in the air as well.

Good was Good.

I fucking hate Leeds fans and would not care if their entire fan base died of the plague.

Leeds have never been a big club, never averaged over 40000 once in their entire history, but we do have history with them, and it's a tricky tie, especially if we put the side out we did last night.

Leeds have never been a big club, never averaged over 40000 once in their entire history, but we do have history with them, and it's a tricky tie, especially if we put the side out we did last night.

I was at Elland Road in 84 where after the game we were penned in while the Leeds fans were outside raining bricks down on us. People could hardly breathe and guys were desperately helping people to stand up. We were fucking lucky no one died. I fucking hate the scum with a passion. Might have been 83.

I was at Elland Road in 84 where after the game we were penned in while the Leeds fans were outside raining bricks down on us. People could hardly breathe and guys were desperately helping people to stand up. We were fucking lucky no one died. I fucking hate the scum with a passion. Might have been 83.

Sorry, but that's brilliant. :lol:

Was that the game Keegan got hit with a brick?