League Cup 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual we have no intention of taking this competition seriously. The kids may scrape by Morecambe or may not, but either way it doesn't matter in the long run as we'll not make a go of it this year (or any year.) Premier League survival is all we play for.

The best odds available for a Morecambe win is just 6-1.

They are 19th in the fourth division.

But they'll be playing a team that plays together in competitive matches as compared to us who will be playing a random assortment of players. Massive difference.

This lends weight to the argument that Pardew will hang onto his job as long as the team aren't relegated, and is worrying as a sign that he knows our squad will not be improved upon.

Bit of a shame Campbell is on loan for this, I would've quite liked to have seen a front four of:

-------------Campbell

Sammy-----Vuckic------(Obertan/HBA/Marv)

From the limited sample of seeing them play, I get the sense that Vuckic tucked in right behind Campbell could work. At least would be interesting to see.

I'd start his strongest eleven available as apart from getting game time under their belts and hopefully gelling as a unit, it gives us a much better chance of progressing which is the point of cup competition. These early cup exits and blatant lack of regard for competitions where we have more of a chance of getting somewhere and having a bit of actual excitement just sums up modern football in general and this club in particular. It fucking reeks.

I'd start his strongest eleven available as apart from getting game time under their belts and hopefully gelling as a unit, it gives us a much better chance of progressing which is the point of cup competition. These early cup exits and blatant lack of regard for competitions where we have more of a chance of getting somewhere and having a bit of actual excitement just sums up modern football in general and this club in particular. It fucking reeks.

It's the FA cup he's really gunning for according to his spoutings pre-season .

...Trust me .

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-must-scare-opponents-again-2161220

" He wants to put that right and create “a new history” for the success-starved Toon Army.

Pardew conceded: “I’ve been very disappointed in our record in cups - especially the cup I love the most, the FA Cup.

“It’s been great to me and although I have had two disappointments in the final, both times I have come very, very close to winning it. The experience of the quarter finals, semi-finals, they’re exceptional times.

“That’s the one competition this year, other than the Premier League, that we really will focus on. A good cup run can energise a football club.

“I think that for these fans, it’s no good to keep harping on about 1969 and that Fairs Cup. We need current history. We need new heroes and a new trophy to recognise."