League Cup 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop expecting anything from Marv to be honest. Put in a couple of decent balls in but apart from that was his usual absent self. Gouffran was poor too today but at least he seems interested.

tbf to gouffran, wtf was he supposed to do with that service? not everyone over 6ft is a target man, alan.

Stop expecting anything from Marv to be honest. Put in a couple of decent balls in but apart from that was his usual absent self. Gouffran was poor too today but at least he seems interested.

Marv has ability but no application or desire to win whatsoever.

You'd think he was working in an office not playing as a professional footballer on £40k a week.

Yeah we won alright, but only after a miserable display by most of our lads. If Morecambe had won they would have deserved it.

Apart from his goal Stroller was useless, and his brother not much better.

Mbiwa was dangerous ..... for them, he was dodgy all game long.

Marveau is so lightweight he wouldn't even be a good door-stop.

Elliot, Dummet, Good, Gosling & Debuchy were the only ones who had any merit.

First half was an absolute nightmare.

Good job monsieur Pardieu put BenArfa on, his 2 passes resulted in goals.

Quite surprised at the anti Marv stuff. Not great tonight but every set piece and delivery were spot on, fast and into the right area.

Quite surprised at the anti Marv stuff. Not great tonight but every set piece and delivery were spot on, fast and into the right area.

He had a poor game but it might have done him some good. Ben Arfa showed why he is by far our best player tonight.

Yes but you've got to have a bit more than that ffs. He disappears completely for long periods.

Wish we could evenly apportion talent and work rate between him and Jonas :D

Alright Geordies?

Just thought I'd pop in to say, great draw, cannot wait. I kind of felt we'd draw you lot or Villa, since you're both the last two big clubs we haven't yet played in the cup since 2009. Seriously, unbelievable that in just four years we've played Liverpool, Man U twice, Tottenham three times (including the replay in 2010), Arsenal twice (including the replay in 2011), Everton, Chelsea, Man City and now you lot.

We really do have the luck of the draw! That is, if the hot balls theory is bollocks...

How do you think you'll do? A lot of our fans think it's winnable, and we did do very well against Everton and Tottenham last season, but they were both at home. It could go either way really. I know a lot of you seem to have little faith in Pardew, but maybe he could be eyeing up the League Cup?

May the best team win!

I thought Elliot as motm. Some very good stops.

Sammy for me. No outstanding performances today but he worked hard and was a constant pain on the left flank for them.

Defence is general was a shambles but I thought Good showed some promise. Would like to see more of him, can the see point Tom or Ant (sorry cant remember who exactly :P) made about him being similar in style to Colo.