Other Games

Park Life

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I don't particularly miss Dyer :lol:

But otherwise yes..still, we'll get back to those dizzy heights some day.

I meant for the pace of the counter attack. He had a fair few faults, but Christ the lad could motor.

Still think Hughes is an over-rated manager mind.

Think it's a complete and utter myth being pedelled about Hughes getting Stoke playing more expansive football. Every single team he has managed has all been a bunch of dirty cloggers.

There was a statistic on MOTD2 that they'd already completed more passes this season, with 8 games left, than in any of their previous Premier League campaigns.

Honestly can't say I've watched enough full games of theirs to say whether that actually translates into them being better to watch this season though.

In terms of his abilities as a manager:

Blackburn - Good

Man City - Below Par but not appallingly bad apart from some of the signings

Fulham- Decent enough

QPR- Appalling

Stoke - Decent so far

Bit of a meh manager, ok but certainly wouldn't be thrilled to see him here.

Aye he's got them playing some ok footy really, not that it's hard to play more attractive football than a Tony Pulis side. Players like Adam, N'Zonzi and arnaurtovic can play some canny footy tbh, I'm not saying they're anything special because they're still a canny shit team.

They can still be a right bunch of dirty bastards mind, as in the game against us, and while I think their game yesterday was a bit of an anomaly as they never look that good, they still pass it around quite well at times.

I'd put Hughes down as just an average premier league manager tbh, canny at Blackburn, Fulham and stoke so far, out of his depth a bit at Man City due to their high ambition and QPR is a bit mental anyway but he was poor there.

I think that was in spite of Pardew, rather than because of.

I suggest it could be that Pardew has a certain way of playing. It's aggressive, pressing and ultimately built on solid defence. When we've got ourselves a lead, he'll let the flair players have a bit more freedom and with that freedom comes the passing. We got some good results by frustrating teams for 60 odd minutes, then suddenly Remy et al seem to come into the game more and with that influence came a goal or two.

It also helped having a wonderful talent like Cabaye in the centre; able to pull the strings and make passes that lesser players haven't the alacrity of thought to conjure when we're in the more shackled part of Pardew's plan.

2537845.jpg

swansea player races away with the ball at the death and......

the referee blows for full time.

are they on bribes or something??

I like that it was Lee Probert as well, who let us play on beyond the minimum three minutes against Palace last week. I suspect he may have been pulled up on it...