Other Games

Park Life

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be an absolute disaster if someone doesn't catch these cunts. The media coverage surrounding them will be unbearable with all the hamfield greats from the 70s crawling out onto the kop end to give speeches.

realistically theres only 2 sides who can save the day.

absolutely correct

Is there nobody in Warwickshire who you can have a pint with, Des? Nobody else who you can get it off your chest to?

funnily enough i do live practically next door to a decent boozer. got 2 brilliant pool tables in there and a smashing pint.

bar maids arent up to much though,

They've spent more than £250 million over the last 4 seasons.

theyre hardly built on a budget

No but its still vastly different from Man City or Chelsea's model.

Any club aspiring for top 4 will have to spend 50M-60M per season in today's market.

This ones being peddled by so many Liverpool fans/ex player pundits at the moment :lol:

Its that same woeful lack of self-awareness they've displayed for years.

Yes. I am really glad that other people are catching this quote. The audacity man :lol:

I loathe Liverpool like. From Dalglish's racism apology t-shirts to the 9:1 ex-Liverpool overtly biased punditry ('the fans are proper football fans' you know?), anyone, anyone but them to win the title.

I can't be bothered with a full summer of Liverpool dedicated programmes on Sky Sports either, if they win the league.

They've already started, got a Daniel Sturridge programme in circulation, repeated every other day it seems.

Love reading about how Liverpool are this plucky little underdog who might beat the big, bad super-rich clubs. I'll give them a bit of credit if they manage it, but they've spent loads of money and are backed by a pretty wealthy man themselves.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

They've already started, got a Daniel Sturridge programme in circulation, repeated every other day it seems.

Love reading about how Liverpool are this plucky little underdog who might beat the big, bad super-rich clubs. I'll give them a bit of credit if they manage it, but they've spent loads of money and are backed by a pretty wealthy man themselves.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/liverpool-transfers.html

Just under £100 million spent in 2 seasons, making about £40 million back since Rodgers took over. A huge amount to spend.

They'll repeat the Sturridge programme all summer, have a Suarez programme for breaking the goal scoring record for the season, one about Gerrards career so far and the Premier League goals with probably every Liverpool win shown. Someone hold me :(

Got to give credit to Rodgers mind, many (admittedly myself included) thought he was going to be poor but he's really stuck by his guns and built a team around his philosophy, has them playing very good and effective football. Really turned round players like Henderson, and Gerrards new deeper role has worked very well.

Of course I don't want them to win the league but if they do they still deserve credit. I agree on how ridiculous the "plucky underfunded underdogs" story is, they've spent less than their competitors but have still spent a lot but being honest you can't win this league without spending big.

Edited by Howay

As are we :lol:

I fucking despise Liverpool with every ounce of my being. I hate Gerrard, I loathe Suarez, I can't stand Rodgers, the mention of "SAS" makes me want to puke out my soul, and I hope they win nothing for the next 50 years. I'd far prefer Man U, City, Chelsea, or Arsenal. I'd rather fucking Everton won the league than Liverpool. There's a sickening, never-ending wankfest in the Liverpool-preferring media that keeps the pressure off them when they're shit and bolsters them when they're not. "Anfield magic", "European nights", "proper fans", "Liverpool Football Club", all of that shit that none of City, Arsenal, or even Spurs get. Man U got it because they deserved it, not to mention that media outlets were afraid of Fergie. And that's before even getting into what a bunch of tossers their fans are.

I fucking despise Liverpool with every ounce of my being. I hate Gerrard, I loathe Suarez, I can't stand Rodgers, the mention of "SAS" makes me want to puke out my soul, and I hope they win nothing for the next 50 years. I'd far prefer Man U, City, Chelsea, or Arsenal. I'd rather fucking Everton won the league than Liverpool. There's a sickening, never-ending wankfest in the Liverpool-preferring media that keeps the pressure off them when they're shit and bolsters them when they're not. "Anfield magic", "European nights", "proper fans", "Liverpool Football Club", all of that shit that none of City, Arsenal, or even Spurs get. Man U got it because they deserved it, not to mention that media outlets were afraid of Fergie. And that's before even getting into what a bunch of tossers their fans are.

And again, :wub: