Other Games

Park Life

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunderland staying up - they do well when all hope looks lost.

Aye looks that way, pity Fulham didn't just hold on against Hull as I can see them picking up points for their last 2 games. Norwich are gone, we'll probably hammer Cardiff next weekend to help Sunderland stay up in all.

Would love it if Steeeeeeeevie Geeeeeeeee's slip helped lead to Liverpool missing out on the league, would be extremely satisfying. I don't particularly like Chelski or Man City but just because of the media spunk-fest over the Scousers it would be fantastic if one of them won the league instead of Liverpool.

That was a master class away team performance from the special one.

My heart bleeds for Liverpool :lol:

Aye, Rodgers was furious afterwards at the way Chelsea set up but the truth is that Liverpool weren't terribly inventive themselves.

I know it's incredibly unlikely to happen but I'd love to see us beat them in the final game of the season to deny them the league.

I know it's incredibly unlikely to happen but I'd love to see us beat them in the final game of the season to deny them the league.

Keeping down their GD for Man City is about the best we can hope for.

(And anyone with symapthy considering Chelsea's tactics doesn't remember what cunts Liverpool were in the 70s and 80s)

Keeping down their GD for Man City is about the best we can hope for.(And anyone with symapthy considering Chelsea's tactics doesn't remember what cunts Liverpool were in the 70s and 80s)

Am convinced their real decline set in when the back pass to the goalie was outlawed. Ruined their ingrained playing style completely. 92ish?

Am convinced their real decline set in when the back pass to the goalie was outlawed. Ruined their ingrained playing style completely. 92ish?

Good point. Equally it made us as it came into effect in Keegan's first full season as manager and we had defenders and a keeper who were comfortable with the ball whereas a lot of defenders and keepers elsewhere just panicked. Younger people would've missed out seeing a defender under pressure back passing to his keeper who in turn panicked and even though he knew he couldn't, would pick the ball up anyway. :lol: That or he'd kick it out for a corner or throw in. We thrived, others didn't. :)

Good point. Equally it made us as it came into effect in Keegan's first full season as manager and we had defenders and a keeper who were comfortable with the ball whereas a lot of defenders and keepers elsewhere just panicked. Younger people would've missed out seeing a defender under pressure back passing to his keeper who in turn panicked and even though he knew he couldn't, would pick the ball up anyway. :lol: That or he'd kick it out for a corner or throw in. We thrived, others didn't. :)

Think strangely Dave Beasant was ahead of the curve with the pass back thing, he showed the way teams should adapt to the new rule 5 or 6 years before it came in. As you say the likes of Kevin Scott were well equipped to adapt too. He was a good footballer tbf to him, possibly not good enough for a midfileder and not bold enough for a defender but I liked him.

:lol: Was it Gazza that done similar when he was playing for Spurs against us and having Mars bars hoyed at him? Good on Alves, the quote MT posted from him is class as well.

mostly concrete from the decaying Gallowgate terrrace iirc :lol:

GG corner was closed for a game after that as punishment. Naughty boys :whistling:

Keeping down their GD for Man City is about the best we can hope for.

(And anyone with symapthy considering Chelsea's tactics doesn't remember what cunts Liverpool were in the 70s and 80s)

Carraghers just said as much on sky, fair play to him :lol: